• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NORTHEAST RALLY: PA, NY, NJ, CT, DE, MD, VA

No.2Diesel

I just fired off an email to the people at Rausch Creek Off-Road Park to get some clarification on whether or not we can be accomodated.

I feel that off-roading with our MVs is an important ingredient of any rally. I'm sure most of you would not expend the time and effort to attend a regional rally if there wasn't any off-roading to be had. Rausch Creek meets our requirements of insurance, onsite camping, and off-roading. Looking at the Member Locator Map I count at least thirty members within reasonable driving distance.

I would like to see a "show of hands" from anyone who would like to attend and what vehicle(s).

I will start off by throwing out a date of Columbus Day weekend (OCT 5,6,7,8,9.)

Please let me know what you think.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
It sounds fun to me too I am not sure that I will still be assigned to the East Coast then but if I am I know my sons would like to come to. Most likely the duece and M1009.

No.2Diesel

I have been told by Lynn of Rausch Creek that:

1.) Groups should give sufficient notice
2.) Alcohol is allowed!! :beer: (after your done off-roading for the day)

Keep the comments, ideas and Date suggestions coming.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
We have been there twice with my son's TJ 7 inch lift and lots of climbing $$ added to it and the place is great, he broke the spiders in the POC dana 35 and they gave us some used ones to get us noisily home. I doubt that they have any duece parts but the place has tons of places to go wheeling. My son now has a Corporate 14 bolt FF axle since he broke the axle shafts in the 35 the second time out there. (Serious rock climbing available)

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
No.2Diesel, you are now the moderator of the Northeast US Rally forum at the bottom of the main forum menu. Thanks for volunteering to put together a great Rally at Rausch Creek this year. Please let me know if you need any help from me or from SteelSoldiers.Com to get this thing going.
Chris

MB4/94

I only live 30 miles from Rausch Creek Park. We go there several times a year. It is a nice place and the people that run it are very nice too !! The problem is the trails are on the tight side for a full size pick up. They are working on opening some of the trail up a little , but anything bigger than a CUCV will not fit on most of the trails.

hippiedude

I might be able to pull that off if I can come up with 10 new sneakers...284 miles in a m211 ???????? Might not feel like much wheeling..... :roll:

No.2Diesel

Thank You Chris. I will do my best. I realize that my time on the board is not much and my experience owning a Deuce is short (1yr.) I won't be power trippin etc. If anyone has better ideas, let me know.

I would like to set a concrete date as soon as possible. Everyone check your calender and chime in with a date. I will set a deadline of February 14 (two weeks from now) for all date submissions. Otherwise, the first weekend in August (3,4,5,6) will be the tentative date. I would like to have as many people show up as possible.

If anyone is unsure of their trucks abilities, We can set up rendezvous points so that no one has to travel alone their entire run. The journey is half the fun.

After a date is set, we can work on essen und trinken. Keep those ideas coming. I will post the park prices today.

Thanks,

Dave

No.2Diesel

The August date is TENTATIVE. I have no problem with October or any other date suggested. Leaves changing color, cooler weather... The most important thing is to pick a time when the most members can participate. [thumbzup]

Would everyone like to vote on a month or specific date? The vote will be February 14 so everyone has a say in the matter and can check their schedules. We can narrow the times down to five different dates before the deadline and the date with the most votes will be etched in stone and a reservation made with the park.

As for fitting through the trails... Members who have the most experience visiting the park can run point or atleast they can jog their memories as to which trails are most suitable.

Costs:

Membership: $10
Vehicle & Driver: $30
Passenger: $5

BigJay

I was just there on the 27th.. My first time. I wheeled my '78 Suburban which fit fine on all of the trails we did. A deuce would be tight, it could be done, but it would be tight. I think it would REQUIRE some previous offroading experience. I got some body damage, but that was trying a very rocky line in 3" of snow.. slipped sideways on a rock and hit a tree. Here's some pics from our trip....

http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m288/TJontheRocks/Rausch Creek 01-27-07/

I'm not going to be living here in August or I would deffinitely attend. :(

-Jay

No.2Diesel

Thank you BigJay for all the pictures. It gives everyone good idea of what to expect. That really stinks that you cannot attend.

P.A. Rich...The Park Location is...Joliett, PA 17981

Distances (Straight line):
1 mile West of I-81
12 miles North of I-78 (15 miles from the intersection of I-81, I-78)
32 Miles Northeast of Harrisburg
25 Miles West of Hamburg (Big Cabela's Store!)
52 Miles West of Allentown
72 Miles Southwest of Scranton
82 Miles Northwest of Philadelphia
91 Miles North of Baltimore
108 Miles South of Binghamton
130 Miles West of Manhattan
172 South of Syracuse
185 Miles East of Pittsburgh

No.2Diesel

OK so far we have two dates to select from: (You may suggest a different date and it will be added to the dates to be voted on.)

1) Weekend of August 3,4,5,6

2) Weekend of October 5,6,7,8, (Columbus Day is the 8th)

Remember: PLEASE post by Febraury 14th with your preferred date. I have not heard a peep yet. When do you want to go? :shock:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Prefer date of August. Less going on for me. If the M725 is too big, I'll bring a smaller rig to play in, like a CUCV or a M37 or M38. I kinda dig the flatfender idea, though...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks