• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wont start when warm?

gungearz

I had a "nipped" gasket in a fuel system once. It would act as a check valve. It would close while there is no pressure with the pump off and the fuel was resting on it but would suck air in while the pump was running. The only indication that there was, was a small drop size wet spot on a gasket. I've never dealt or even heard of this problem before, until then... So now if I have starting or fuel issues, that's another thing I look for. Other then big wet spots.

KrispyKris

Wow..this is an old thread.

Hello from Germany. I have a customer with a 1984 dually with only 52K on the clock. Cold Start, no problem. Warm Start...no start. My brother visited us for the first time since I have been here (2005), and the customer begged us to come by his job-site (Landscaper) because the truck would not start at the end of the day. (or when Hot). NO fuel leaks, and it starts every time when cold. Just will not start when it is already warm. I will advise them about the Chinese water bath to see if that helps. I forgot that I now have a phone that is more intelligent than I am, otherwise I would have clicked off a few pictures. One thing I found was that the vacuum line on the thingamajig on the TPS? had a rip in it at the connection. This is the line that GM ran from the vacuum pump. I have had a lot of experience with the GM diesels. Those folks should be tarred and feathered, sent out of town on a pole to be slowly roasted.

Cheese and rice. Taking a gas engine and turning it into a diesel? I remember finding head bolts laying next to the rockers....

All the best.

cucvrus

The injection pump has checked out and needs replaced. And the 6.2 diesel is not a converted gasoline engine. The Goodwrench 5.7 diesel was a converted 350 Oldsmobile gasoline engine. And in the end after replacing and redesigning the engine they done it right. But by then the damage was done. It needs a rebuilt injection pump to correct the warm no start condition. Good Luck.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may only need the top cover with the shut-off solenoid.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks