• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ww2 jeep stolen

steelandcanvas

Sorry to hear of your recent theft. I became aware of it a few days ago in a Club email. There is going to be a lot of eyes out for it along the Front Range and the Plains areas. Maybe the thieves will get real stupid and do some joy-riding. Do they still shoot horse thieves?

wb1895

I hate to be the grim person on here but I doubt you will see the jeep in one piece,

I would keep a check on Ebay, craigslist, surplus stores and anywhere else you can buy jeep parts. If these guys are smart they will part out the jeep, and cut up and scrap the marked pieces such as the frame.

Sorry, but as a former police officer I tend to think like these butt heads and try to anticipate what I would do if I were in their shoes.

saddamsnightmare

August 23rd, 2012.

Note to MB owners. Now might be the time to develop the variations on the M35A2 hardened "Saigon" Parking brake chain through the wheel, also lock the gear shift and parking brake handles if possible with padlocks and hardened chains. If the steering wheel had been chained in a turned position it might have not allowed them to move the vehicle so easily.

:x In any case, I hope you get the truck back, but I fear that your vehicle will either be damaged by the twits or possibly scrapped out... They may or may not know what it is. In Texas, I do believe you would have been allowed to shot them, and the Texas State Penitentiary work farms would give them a whole new look at life..... I guess Denver cops must not know what a WWII jeep looks like, it these puppies were cruising on the Interstate....

135gmc

Iif they stole a jeep, they may have previous experience stealing cars - then I'd worry about the jeep being resold to a stolen car "broker" and winding up in Europe, or else winding up in pieces at a chop shop. Unfortunately, a WWII jeep is too recognizable to just resell

plym49

It almost sounded like this was an opportunistic crime. Have you checked nearby fields/forests, whatever in case the report of the Jeep on the interstate was in error, and they simply stashed it somewhere?

SmarT

The latest is I finally got a hold of my detective and she said that she can't make the decision herself as to whether or not to send it to this company I found to get it cleaned up so she sent it to her uppers to make the decision. Basically, people that have nothing to do with my case are going to decide whether cleaning the video up is pertinent to my case or not. Politics. I still haven't heard back if it was yes or no. Oh, and the detective lectured me about having more discretion and responsibility about where I park and how I park my vehicle and also that I need to realize it's not all about me that she has 15 other cases at the moment and she gets to mine when she can if it is important enough. That's comforting. Thanks mom. Lecture me after you help me get it back, ok?

On the brighter side, I was at Texas Roadhouse last night and an officer from Arapahoe County was eating in the booth behind me and my waitress (whom I know well) was telling him about my situation and he knew right away what jeep she was speaking of and said that everyone has made it a top priority over a lot of the other stolen vehicles to find it because of the work I have put into it and it's historical significance. Everyone meaning many of the counties in Colorado know about it. That was so refreshing to hear. If she hadn't found that out, I would have never known. My detective told me nothing of the sort. He also speculated that I have put so much heat on them with all I have done to get the word out that they probably have it in their garage waiting for things to cool down.

The main thing I have going for me even with very few leads is prayer. I have faith it will turn up very soon. Just praying they make the mistake of letting it be seen.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a feeling they will find your jeep on a secluded mountain trail out of gas. You will get it back. Hope its all in good shape.

Buz

Oh, and the detective lectured me about having more discretion and responsibility about where I park and how I park my vehicle and also that I need to realize it's not all about me that she has 15 other cases at the moment and she gets to mine when she can if it is important enough.
If someone told me that the next person I would be calling would be their superiors and the Mayor. That's just wrong.

mactiredearg

That detective came up to me on Saturday or Sunday at the airshow.

Apparently she wanted me to vouch that none of the WWII jeeps we had on display was yours (of course none of them was). After we'd talked about that she started in on where you had it parked and it being keyed, etc. I informed her that several of us drive our trucks to work (even my deuce) and we should not have to keep them locked in a barn to keep them safe. Also got into the bit about not having ignitions keys. Luckily it appears she was there as extra security for the air show as she was uniformed and with a partner. Her partner jumped in at this point, mentioned that he had served and explained why ignition keys on the trucks were bad. We parted with me assuring her that every single member of the MVCC had their eye out for your jeep and that we appreciated any efforts on their part to recover it...

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
SmarT:
Rest assured that those of us too distant to be material assistance to this recovery effort are indeed PRAYING for a successful and satisfactory outcome.
We understand the value of your historical "ministry" through the restoration and display of this piece of our past. As such you bring comfort and medicinal memories to those who served in WWII and conflicts afterward using Jeeps like yours.
God knows where your MV is. We trust He will reveal it in good time and good condition.
AMEN.

John & Dianna
San Angelo, Texas

SmarT

Islandguydon-Thank you. I'm certain I will get it back as well.

Buz-sad thing is that I have a friend who is friends with the mayor and he got him to give her a call and apparently she came across wonderfully to him.

mactiredearg-I really appreciate you chatting with her and helping to make some good points. I'm not sure why people out there seem to have that very idea that these vehicles should be locked up all the time. How can you keep history alive by locking it up? She mentioned something about talking with some people there but she didnt seem to want to talk about it much. She sorta acted like the whole worth on these things seemed a little ridiculous to her saying she couldn't believe the prices being asked for some and the interest in them. Thank you very much as well for helping keep an eye out.

John-I really do appreciate the prayers and the very kind words. They above anything else will help the most because nothing will move unless God wills it to. Even when it seems like nothing is happening, God is still working. He has definitely given me a peace and a faith like I have never had before so I am in some ways very grateful for this happening as it has brought me even closer to Him.

Tuckered-Thank you. I can only hope that either now or later they are brought to justice.

SmarT

God opened up a miracle this morning around 12:30 AM.................MAX is back!!!!! My faith was rewarded. Other than some body damage, bleach spilled all over, and the ignition switch missing, MAX looks to be in fine shape with nothing missing. Praise the good Lord in heaven! Should only take me about a week to get it all back in shape. I will post some pics later on today.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks