• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ww2 jeep stolen

SmarT

Thanks everyone. At this point I'm really not worried about catching them. My thoughts have been more on security and getting it back into shape. God brought it back and so I am leaving the justice part in His hands. If He wants me to pursue them then I'm sure He will let me know. I'm sure one of the idiots will blab at some point about what they did to someone who will tell the authorities.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stealing Jeeps was common practice during WWII when they served on active duty. Drunken soldiers would just jump into any Jeep parked nearby and "drive home". The "battlefield improvisation" for an ignition lock was for the assigned driver to pull the distributor cap and keep it in his pocket. that way, only drivers could start 'em up. The only problem with that system was that everyone, even the Germans, were carrying US Jeep distributor caps around for commandeering our Jeeps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks