• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Some new things added to M813 and M35

F18hornetM

My son and I just finished our replica .50 cal gun and mount for the 5 ton. We also added ALICE packs to the M35. We drove them both to the Jeep event here this past weekend and everybody seemed to like them.
The gun,when unpinned, will rotate 360 and elevate and lower. The "S" shaped mount its on will also swing away from its stowed position against the bed. We looked over 100's of pictures of .50 cals as well as mounts. it seems there are dozens of variations in mounts as well as guns. So we just took a snap shot of all of them and made what suited us.

Attachments

F18hornetM

If anybody is interested in building one, I'd be glad to give you some info on what material was used. We're now looking for our next project and was thinking 105 Howitzer.

F18hornetM

We had fun building it. Most of it is steel, sheet metal. With some of the machined out or cut out parts aluminum , easier and quicker to machine out. You really could do this with no machining though. The rivets are pop rivets with the hole in the head filled with body filler, to look like real solid rivets. On this one they serve no purpose other than appearance as the whole thing has been welded. But if you didn't have a welder, then they would work to hold it all together.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks