• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M151 Blackout light bracket

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Several items have been stripped from my XM757 8x8 over the years and one such thing is the black out light plus mounting bracket.

Found this on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...RK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=300076256685&rd=1,1

The sellers states that "It is the stamped kind":

"This is a take off blackout light bracket from an M151. It is the stamped kind. The spot weld on one side has broken loose. There is also a crack in the light mount that will need to be welded up. This would be an easy fix. It will also need a good cleaning as well."

Question: Are there in fact different grades of these? I would think that mil-spec parts are usually, if not all the time, of one grade or quality only.

If somebody happen to have one of these made "right" with the BO head light, I'd be interested.

Thanks.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are, and sometimes differ between the M-series vehicles. I have been told that the ones for my M725 and the rest of the M715 series are a different grade than the ones used on the M151, although the materials are essentially the same, along the the sizes and the NSN numbers. I have two antenna mounts here at home that are both of the "sugar scoop" varieties, they both have the same dimensions and NSNs but one is aluminum, one is steel.

To confirm this, call up you local avid gun dealer, and ask him to define the term "mil-spec". For instance: a lot of AR-15 clones are mil-spec, made to exactly the same size, shape, and finish. But to the gun-savvy, mil-spec Olympic Arms is definitely not mil-spec Colt or Bushmaster.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks