• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ahhhnold's Unimog

saddamsnightmare

September 1st, 2012.

You've got to hand it to the Terminator, when an H-1 Hummer won't do, a U1300L Unimog (new) will. Ahhnold's U1300L was specially modified in Germany to meet current US safety and emissions standards, and at $250,000 it is quite a pickup truck. It just goes to show that when you need FWD, Unimog's are the only way to go and know you're not gonna get stuck! And it's just in time for the annual Labor Day Fuel Price spike, so Ahhnold's probably going to have to make another movie. Let's just hope his has the Ultra High Speed Axles option, otherwise he's going to be slowing traffic down in Santa Monica....
Still, I'd vote for him, image a president named the "Terminator" and who drives a Unimog, my bet is any sane terrorist would be wise to get outta his way....;)

N.B. One of you guys might do well to look up the article and attach it, just use "Arnold Schwartzenegger's Unimog", it is an excellent looking piece of equipment. Cheers!

Last edited:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw that yesterday. Wana bet it will never see the dirt...other than PCH washing out.

saddamsnightmare

September 2nd, 2012.

Thanks M561gamagoat & co for the links. I do believe that they are correct in the article, as Unimog has not been routinely importing NEW U1300L's, as they are not willing to modify the Mercedes Benz diesel to meet US emissions standards and FHTSA standards. Most of the U1300L's we see are over twenty five years old and thus they need not comply. I will make you a bet that the trendy actors in their Smart Fortwos and Prius's will get the heck outta his way, regardless how much mileage they get!:p

B3.3T

Don't forget his two M712 Pinzgauers and the M47 Main Battle Tank he owns which he served on while in the Austrian Army.

spicergear

If I had Schwarz's bank roll, I would've opted for a U500 or U2450. The front guard doesn't flatter the truck...neither does the triple tube roll bar.

Still though--- GO MOG! :)

peakbagger

Bringing up an old thread, if no one had noticed, this Unimog is on a well known auction site for approx $280K. A google search will find it.
"One of the rules about fight club is you don't talk about fight club". Steel Soldiers terms of service are specific that we cant talk about auctions in progress which apparently applies to Arnold's Mog even though its been perpetually for on auction for several years. ;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks