• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M43 is home

Mayor Joe

Todd - I'm admittedly still in shock!!!!! So sorry about your misfortune.... But it sounds like your not gonna be sidetracked from your mission. That's inspirational! Had a tough year also, (nothing like yours), had to move my entire shop and now recovering from 2 minor strokes 10/5 and 11/11. BUT... Getting back on track. Starting work in a 1968 M725 Ambulance (inside is 100% original and complete). Needs an exterior repaint (no rust) and just found a complete (running) original drivetrain. Anything I can do to help you with yours..parts, info, etc, just ask!

point

Nice trucks guys. There are a few kicking around in my area but have never had the chance to pick one up. They are a bit more pricey than a regular M37.
Do any of you guys ever get mistaken for the first aiders at events?

billyzz

Good evening...Mayor Joe is correct; the ones we had issued to our Med platoon in the early '70s had a off-white/eggshell color in the patient compartment. The current one I'm restoring is restored to that shade. Hey Mayor Joe: Nice job on yours! I'm having trouble locating the racks and associated fittings for the patient compartment...any suggestions? I'm willing to travel with wrenches. THANKS, best regards, John:beer:
i am going to go with some sort of white with mine
just so i can see back there!

toddbe

WOW, once again it's been a long time since posting. Numerous life events have occurred that have kept me from working on my trucks. Most recently prostate cancer with a radical prostatectomy completed. But the heck with that, let's talk M43.

I pulled the engine back out of the ambulance painted it and the engine compartment. Now in the process of getting everything back installed on the engine. Of course photos are attached.

2016-06-16 17.29.30.jpg2016-06-16 18.44.06.jpg.2016-06-17 16.47.06.jpg2016-06-17 16.47.06.jpg2016-07-03 14.46.04.jpg

Attachments

toddbe

"off-white/eggshell" - any more detail on this color would be wonderful. Is there any spec's or detail on this color? Thanks Todd

toddbe

Wiring

wiring2.jpgwiring1.jpg
After three days of following, searching ans some repair I finally got power from the ignition switch and down to distributor. First attempt to start the engine was not successful. Now for that tasks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks