• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done WITH your wrecker this week?

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mr. Steve,
I'm ashamed to say that the driver that stuck the LHS is assigned to drive a "SECM" or Contact Maintenance HMMWV for the Recovery Section. He informed the "Trainer" that he thought the hole looked deep but the trainer said "It's locked into 8X8, punch it"! Now you know why you sometimes get a new MV from auction and wonder "how did they get mud up into that crevice"? I'm completely against abuse of MV's but sometimes it happens.

Joseph
So Joseph who gets to carry that heavy ass cable out?

70deuce

The Wings Over the Rockies Museum in Denver, CO needed their Huey, UH-1M I was told, moved from a corner in the museum where it sat on a trailer to a new prominent spot among the Vietnam era fighters. M936A2 to the rescue. Attached a small shackle and I mean small to the "Jesus" nut eyelet. You won't believe that the small shackle I borrowed from my 1948 Ford 8N tractor could hold the load. They backed the trailer and Huey into its spot. A Vietnam Huey pilot told me the weight as the bird sat was about 8300 lbs. Put the outriggers out and the old 5 ton lifted the chopper with ease. Raised it about two feet, they pulled the trailer out and I put it back down on the exact spot they wanted. The GoPro exaggerates the lean angle of the boom. The tip of the boom only went down about 10 inches with the full weight of the helo on the hook. This is the second helo I have lifted with this wrecker. The first was the OH-58 Kiowa the Army National Guard donated to our club. Pictures to follow.
https://youtu.be/6MuAGGfr1m0

sandcobra164

Now I have a smart phone and I still can't capture much action. My Soldiers dropped a truck off at CSMS South but it was muddy as could be so they had to re-hook and take it to the wash rack. They also brought in a HMMWV but I didn't take pictures because an M984A4 pulling a HMMWV seems kinda weak on this forum. As for the pictures, yes I know safety chains were not run and the only air line is the emergency so that they could release the brakes. They only took it from where they dropped it to the washrack and backed it into a maintenance bay in the motorpool. It had everything required before they dropped it the first time.

Attachments

yesterday it was Canada day in Canada but we were too busy working to enjoy the party. the Green Toy got used to unload this broken grade which to be lifted on the front end so the mold board would clear the trailer deck when being dragged off. on the advise of my lawyer who advertises after midnight on TV, this will be the only picture i can post. all other pictures show the Green Toy being used way beyond the limits of the machine which makes Wile E. Coyote look like a safe operator of equipment, lol. thansk

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Another Ahab

yesterday it was Canada day in Canada but we were too busy working to enjoy the party. the Green Toy got used to unload this broken grade which to be lifted on the front end so the mold board would clear the trailer deck when being dragged off. on the advise of my lawyer who advertises after midnight on TV, this will be the only picture i can post. all other pictures show the Green Toy being used way beyond the limits of the machine which makes Wile E. Coyote look like a safe operator of equipment, lol. thansk
Personal Counsel; brilliant!

I need one of those for my mouth.

Got a card?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks