• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done WITH your wrecker this week?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Started it up for the first time in a couple of months. A little slow to start, but it fired off. Used it to unload my brand new 48gun wide body safe since the other safes are full. No pics unfortunately. I was in a rush to get it unloaded and on the dolly before the ground thawed out completely.

70deuce

Used the new M936A2 to move the Military Vehicle Collectors of Colorado's OH-58 from the location it sat in for Christmas illumination down to some level ground where it will be picked up by the Pueblo Air Museum. They are going to clean it up, fill in the empty flight instrument and gauge holes and display it in their impressive but little known museum. They have a beautiful B-26 among their extensive collection of aircraft. Check out their website - http://www.pwam.org/- Its a hidden gem. Anyways, with the help of Gamagoat1 we lifted and moved the helo down the driveway to a level spot where the museum guys will have an easier time of loading the helo up for the trip south to Pueblo on April 12th. More pics will be posted after that event. Also I am uploading a YouTube video which I will post a link to when its done.

Attachments

PowerstrokeNC

They look flat to me.
They are flat.... the full story was someone tried to steel the loader but it was chained/padlocked on to trailer, so their bright idea was to try and use the loader to break the chain which is why it landed up hanging half off the trailer... still chained on. So just to add insult to injury they knifed both tires to try and lower trailer so the loader wheel might get traction on the ground. Just scum bags! Anyhow after we got loader back on trailer, i lifted the trailer/ loader combo off the ground so they could put blocks under it to get tires replaced.

jhooah

IMHO, this shot (putting the yellow front end loader back on the trailer) and the one of the swinging Fairmont post (above it, yeah, no engine, but still..) should have at least yanked out one outrigger.
I'm guilty of not doing it frequently, but then I try to back the truck up straight into the pull VS a side pickup.
Not meaning disprespect, just thinking of what would happen when you inadvertently reach that tipping point (as many have learned)
V/R W Winget

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
IMHO, this shot (putting the yellow front end loader back on the trailer) and the one of the swinging Fairmont post (above it, yeah, no engine, but still..) should have at least yanked out one outrigger.
I'm guilty of not doing it frequently, but then I try to back the truck up straight into the pull VS a side pickup.
Not meaning disprespect, just thinking of what would happen when you inadvertently reach that tipping point (as many have learned)
V/R W Winget
It is all about KNOWING your rig.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks