• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done WITH your wrecker this week?

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got mine out on the road today and headed to a bud's business to help move some surplus containers.
Got to find my phone w/ the pics...

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgPut the m936 to work Sat, rearranged some storage containers @ Sergeant Surplus.. ( sorry for the duplicate pics)

RAYZER

Today I was out helping Walt take the boom of his old crane down so we can scrap it out (scrapping the whole crane).
Walt climbed up to do the rigging.
Then I picked up so to take the tension off of the cables so they could be cut with a tourch, then I lowered the boom to the ground.uploadfromtaptalk1408309604688.jpguploadfromtaptalk1408309655899.jpguploadfromtaptalk1408309679698.jpguploadfromtaptalk1408309696178.jpg

plode

I see someone was racing their wrecker at Atco Raceway today at the Diesel Nationals(found pic on Atco's website)...anyone on here? Had questions about what that license plate is.
10628571_685607331527536_1986709669412353023_n.jpg

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter

PowerstrokeNC

IMHO, this shot (putting the yellow front end loader back on the trailer) and the one of the swinging Fairmont post (above it, yeah, no engine, but still..) should have at least yanked out one outrigger.
I'm guilty of not doing it frequently, but then I try to back the truck up straight into the pull VS a side pickup.
Not meaning disprespect, just thinking of what would happen when you inadvertently reach that tipping point (as many have learned)
V/R W Winget
That is exactly what we did after this pic was taken, we moved closer and used two outriggers.

70deuce

M43 Will beon the Hook for the Upcoming Vets Day Parade

Got the M43 all hooked up the M936A2 for the upcoming Denver Veterans Day Parade. Axle brackets attached to a heavy tow bar, hook attached to the wiffle tree and hefty safety chains wrapped around the front front spring mounts. I am fabricating a light bar to attach to the rear of the ambulance that will plug in the to the wrecker's trailer plug for brake and running lights back there.

Attachments

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, I'm going to play the OP card here!

I know we have mentioned the whiffle tree before - maybe "Wrecker wish list of mods" thread.... but that little ring that is hanging down from the middle of it - purpose anyone?

I think (as in - my opinion) it is to hang on the hook, which then has the 'tree hanging flat so that there is no weight to lift by soldier B when inserting the bumper shackles (saves soldier A & B hooking it up), then, when shackles are connected, lower, remove and insert hook in lifting eye. In otherwords, the other way up in 70D's pic.

COMMENT ANYONE? Otherwise it's somewhat redundant.

70Deuce... Is your boom extended a little? I think you will be ok for lifting with it all the way retracted - it isn't necessary to have the lift cables plumb (90 deg to road) - that way, you will have more clearance between the hook and the M43s grille when going over a dip in the road.

If the M43 counts as a car then you only need lift the tyres 6" , but if an LEO says its a truck - then a foot is reqd. You don't want all your beverages rolling out the back - that would dampen the trip!!! Happy towing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks