• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New exhaust on my M1009

CV1073

Sir excuse me if I keep asking question: do you have any lift kit? I have read that a m1009 can be fit with 33" tire with no modification but then many says at last a 2" lift is needed where in othe rplace some people claim that 2" lift are not enough and you also need a body lift..
About the Nankang: you just gave me a good news: if I will go ahead witht he purchase of the m1009 I will be able to find those tire here in Italy since many of the brand that I see in online forum are not imported (or at last not officialy) but Nankang and BFG are available (as Godyear obviously)
Thanks again

CV

AJMBLAZER

33x12.5R15's will fit tightly if you put them on the stock rims.

Wider rims or rims with less backspacing and you'll have problems.

richingalveston

33's fit with stock rims and no rubbing on a 1009. forget the body lift on a 1009, you have to cut the back bed out to get to the bolts and unless your bed is trashed and needs replacement I would not attempt to do this. suspension lift is best option and if doing any lift at all, I would not do less than 4 inches to allow for cross over steer. I understand this would probably be to big of a mod for you due to your government regulations. I think there would be another revolution if our government told us we could not lift our trucks. LOL.

CV1073

33's fit with stock rims and no rubbing on a 1009. forget the body lift on a 1009, you have to cut the back bed out to get to the bolts and unless your bed is trashed and needs replacement I would not attempt to do this. suspension lift is best option and if doing any lift at all, I would not do less than 4 inches to allow for cross over steer. I understand this would probably be to big of a mod for you due to your government regulations. I think there would be another revolution if our government told us we could not lift our trucks. LOL.
LOL Rich that one was good.. about the lifting they are way less agressive than about wheels.. but I am not sure.. anyway, I will take a look at the options (ORD has some interesting options for lifting and steering.. but before anythign else I have to take the beast home)

67_C-30

Sir excuse me if I keep asking question: do you have any lift kit? I have read that a m1009 can be fit with 33" tire with no modification but then many says at last a 2" lift is needed where in othe rplace some people claim that 2" lift are not enough and you also need a body lift..
About the Nankang: you just gave me a good news: if I will go ahead witht he purchase of the m1009 I will be able to find those tire here in Italy since many of the brand that I see in online forum are not imported (or at last not officialy) but Nankang and BFG are available (as Godyear obviously)
Thanks again

CV
No problem! As others have said, 33 X 12.50's fit fine with no problems. I really believe that whoever builds the tires for Nankang also builds them for Maxxis. The tread, sidewall, and even the lettering looks the same, but with different names. I paid $580 for mine 2 years ago, and the Maxxis Buckshot's were $760 at the time, so I saved nearly $50 per tire. The tires probably had 15,000 miles or so on them when the exhaust video was shot. I drive this almost every day, and I have been pleased with the tires all the wayaround. I hope they are still making them when I wear these out.

Last edited:

67_C-30

I figured I’d give a little update on the old M1009. I’ve been driving this truck for around 7 years with the turbo and have logged a little over 40,000 miles on it. I haven’t had any trouble with it. Several years ago I painted it the correct woodland camo and I’ve just been enjoying it and using it to pull stuff around in my M101A2 trailer. I went and picked up 4 complete Pontiac V8’s and I bunch of other parts a while back (weighing a little over 3000lbs) and never grunted. It’s been good investment on my $1305 bid in 2010 on GL! :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsvn9zB3f9M

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks