• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

State of CA and 5 ton regs

quickfarms

There is no such thing as an air brake endorsement now, this was dropped when they redid the registrations about 10 years ago. There is an air brake restriction on the CDL that would prevent you from driving a vehicle with air brakes or uses compressed air in any part of the brake system.

The cost of commercial registration is based on the declared weight of the vehicle.

Autocar

Sorry for my terminology. You are correct about a restriction on your license as opposed to an endorsement. End result is the same-you must take a written and a driving test for your license if you are going to have air brakes.

Last edited:

scottsdal

Thank you all so much you have been amazing I'm very glad that I joined this site. I'm looking for Military Vehicle that I can avoid smog with and still drive on a class C license. I have been digging all day " Instead of working" :D CA is so difficult lol any thoughts on a

1986 M1009 Blazer 6.2L diesel

scottsdal

Thank you all so much you have been amazing I'm very glad that I joined this site. I'm looking for Military Vehicle that I can avoid smog with and still drive on a class C license. I have been digging all day " Instead of working" :D CA is so difficult lol any thoughts on a
1986 M1009 Blazer 6.2L diesel

quickfarms

CA is actually a very friendly state.

The class b over 26000 lbs and class a for towing a trailer over 10000 lbs are federal requirements.

CA does have non commercial class a and b liscences for rv's.

WILDBOY6X6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
smog

HI yup a M1009 or M1008 etc do not require smog in ca,only 96 up.Yes to brake reqierments all 2 1/2 tons and 5 tons n up are air brakes by ca rules.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks