• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Production 6.2L/700R4 TV Brackets (Interested?)

ODw/envy

I find myself in possession of the rarely seen, but often mentioned 6.2L/700r4 TV cable bracket. There is a local company that is capable of fabricating them here. I might be willing to submit mine for CAD mock up.

Before I approach them, I want to know if how many people would be interested in a new production bracket of this kind.

What price point would you be looking for?

If I do not get several serious inquiries I won’t bother, as I have no need for more. I will see no benefit from this other than the satisfaction of helping out a few SS’ers.

If we do the prototyping I will provide the company’s relevant information here so they can be contacted directly. I really do not want to deal with it beyond the initial development.

If there are other obscure brackets you would like to see, feel free to post them here. I have a few in mind myself.

OD

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd like to throw in my 2cents. I have seen these fetch nearly $100 on ebay. I've also got more than one free at the u-pick yards. If in need, I would pay $100 but now I have more than I need.

ODw/envy

Power steering pump brackets milled from titanium? :p
I don't know about titanium but I bet they could do 3/8" Moly. [thumbzup]

Thanks for the reply Recovery4X4. I don't know if I would have bothered doing the conversion if I hadn't happened upon the complete setup. I have been known to stalk around a salvage yard from time to time, but finding a 6.2 at all is tough; finding one with a 700R4 behind it, the more so. I have seen a lot of people on several forums interested in these.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree that they are a tough find. I've had my best luck with vans. For some reason they are overlooked.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an interest in this. Not sure what I'd be willing to pay - I have not yet even looked for a transmission or other parts.

ODw/envy

I am not familiar with the HMMWV Brackets. Are we referring to 700R4 TV or just brackets in general? If/when they play ball with the TV bracket I/we may want to approach them with others.

Terracoma

I am not familiar with the HMMWV Brackets. Are we referring to 700R4 TV or just brackets in general?
Attached is a shamelessly stolen photo from GovLiq.

I'm not a HMMWV aficionado, but I see a lot of surplus engines with what appears to by a 700R4 TV bracket on the driver's cylinder head... However, the HMMWV bracket lays flatter than the civilian 6.2L bracket, and it may interfere with the engine temp sensor on the CUCV engines.

Attachments

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not only is there a market here for SS, many of the diesel websites, ColoradoK5 and many other 4x4 site would be interested.

I have a couple myself. One freeby from a pull apart and one I bought from fleabay for $75.

ODw/envy

I have my bracket out for prototyping. Any more thoughts on this? Anyone going to be needing one soon?

I am having them do a heavy duty 3/16 NP205 PTO cover as well.

ODw/envy

Dave,

I am glad you asked. If I am ever headed down the road and hit an IED the new cover will deflect the blast and............

No. The reason is so I can weld to it. The NP205, being the heavy mofo it is, can benefit from some extra support. With the twin sticks and lockers, I think a little extra support is warranted. I am going to run two cross members and use this plate and the one in the photos to connect the t-case to it.

I got the following mount from a company online. I am having the other built here because I like doing business with them and there prices are usually unbeatable. Additionally, they usually have what I need or if I need something weird they can usually turn it around in 24 to 48 hours. Of course with SEMA next week the lead time is a little longer.

All shall be revealed in my build thread.

Attachments

ODw/envy

PlowBoy,

I will post here as things evolve. You can always PM/email me too. I am going to pickup my 700R4 tomorrow. It feels like Christmas. Well, except for the 1K donation to my transmission tech's children's college funds.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks