• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

List of Parts for PRC-77

blisters13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi All:

I tried a few searches to no avail.

Anyone please post a link to a list or post an entire list of assemblies necessary to install a PRC-77 in an M35A2. Looking from antenna to base to cables to truck mount to adapter (if necessary) to everything else. I believe I will need a headset (non-helmet) also. The idea is to be able to communicate while driving.

I know electrical and I have a basic understanding of radios in general, but I don't know much about the PRC-77. I will read the manual as time permits, but I am starting to collect the parts to put a system together.

Unless there is a compelling reason to use the bigger vehicle base station, I am sticking with the -77 for mobility.

Thanks in advance.

-Ken

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will need an AM-2060 for the PRC-77 to mount onto, then an MT-1029 for the AM-2060 to attach to. The antenna base will be the MX-6707. You will need both an antenna cable and a power signal cable to switch frequencies between the AM-2060 and the MX-6707. Both of these will depend on what the length is between the antenna and the radio for the exact part number. Then there is the intercom unit and the wiring between it and the radio, and the MX-7777 circuit breaker box, and the headsets you want to use and possibly another speaker (LS-???). Your best bet is to find the TM's on the VRC-12 series of radios, which covers installation in a deuce (as well as a whole range of vehicles) in one, two and three radio setups.

Wile E. Coyote

AM-2060s show up all the time on the E-Place (one up right now), but your best bet is probably Pvt. Jarhead here: AM-2060 For Sale (and that's a decent price.)

If you're shopping elsewhere for them (swap meets etc.) make sure you get the cable that connects between the AM-2060 and the PRC-25/77 because they can be hard to find on the loose after the fact.

F18hornetM

Wow..a PRC-77. My back seems to remember hauling that around for like 4 years!! Of course we mounted them on M151's and M35s, but they were all just straped in. For permanent vehicle radios we used MRC110 and 109's.
Think I'll start looking for one, just for old times sake!
Its amazing how much I've forgotten about them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks