• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 came home with me today!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Time to let the 5-ton out of the bag. :D

Most of you know that I sold my Mog a while back to free up some cash for a commuter car. Well, the OD Addiction got the best of me and I decided to sell my Dodge truck to get a new MV! I'll be buying a 80's diesel beater pick-up for my daily driver.

I got this M923A2 from GL a few weeks back and it came home today.

1991 model. 8.3 Cummins, Allison 5-spd, CTIS, ABS, 14x20 singles, drop-side.

Need new hinges to put driver's door back on. Needs axle-shaft to put front end back together. Needs radiator installed. Needs hot water heater installed. Needs a few switches and tach installed. Then, time to change fluids, add batts, flush fuel tank and crank her up.

Hopefully it'll be in convoy for Aberdeen :) Woo-hoo!

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Right on Chris! If you need any engine help, i'm here for ya!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like you had a lot of help loading the truck on the flatbed. Therefore, could not have been a GL auction... :)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK Chris, I had suspected you were up to something and I knew those trucks were selling right. Door hinges, are they are the same ones as are doors. They are finicky with fuel filters so buy several to keep in the truck. Once you drive it you will be stunned. I drove Bruce's 932A2 and it is wicked awesome. You need that done for the convoy. Do what you can to get it done please! If you need doors, Winslow had many, new in the box for $250. Thats a nice rough terrain top pick. Need one here! I watched them load around 80 of those trucks on a ship at Port Everglades one night. You better cancel all your exams for the week of the convoy, you won't be there. We'll come to get you if we have to. Great Job and glad to see a Seabees truck. You gonna keep it marked Seabees?

jkelly66

Nice truck congrats I drove one of them 900s one time just before I got out in 86. I was amazed at how much nicer they were compared to the 813s or 35s I had driven before. It almost made me want to re up I said almost though. Anyway enjoy :beer:
PS. Better than a MOG. anyday

lacoda56

Way to go, looks like it's pretty much complete. :beer: If you need any help with info on the truck, there's this website started by a guy named Chris...... rofl (sorry, I couldn't help it)

No.2Diesel

Thats just too cool. WOW :shock: Whats the HP/Torque specs? How many speeds is the Allison? 5-6? Can you hold it in a certain gear? How'd you get those guys and gals to help load? Most auctions say "buyer loads." Keep the Seebees insignia.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mike, I was surprised at how helpful the Navy fellas were. I think they just wanted their lot cleared out. I also think they enjoy getting out of the shop and playing with the big tools :D

Kenny, I'll do whatever I can to get it done in time for the convoy. I need to get a parts list together and then I'll start hitting up folks for the goodies. The driver's door is in the back and in good shape. Both have good glass. I think the hinges froze up because they cut the bolts off to get the door out. I will keep it Seebee marked, especially since they were so helpful. I can't wait to drive it!

Jkelly, it is definitely more of a truck than the Mog ever was. Just don't tell any of my Mog friends :)

Lacoda, thanks. I think I've heard of that site before. They look kinda thin on 900 infor though. I'll bet that will change :D

No.2, it is set at 240hp at 2100 rpm. Manual doesn't list torque specs, but civi 8.3's are around 800lb-ft. The transmission is the MT654CR 5-spd. Shift selector allows for 1, 1-2, 1-3, 1-4 and 1-5.

John, you could always get a M932A2 tractor to haul your Goat around!

jasonjc

Nice truck. My uncle let me drive one around in this big sand box he had :wink: The truck drive that bought my M36 home said that the NG guys were will nice .Just had him back up to a ramp and they pushed it right on the trailer. Good luck with the truck. Hope to see it some day.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks Jason!

By the way, if anyone needs a very professional and reasonable trucker to haul their MV, call:

Joe Jackson
Agent, Titan Transport
434-426-7361

He was super nice to work with and did a great job getting the truck home. My local wrecker guy, Bobby from Jack Jr. Towing, was great too. Several of the cage bolts were rusted up and were wanting to strip the aluminum insert in the air brakes. Bobby hooked me up with 4 new cage bolts from his toolbox and that got the job done quick!

M1075

Wow, looks to be in good condition. I love the pictures of the truck being loaded, hauled, and unloaded. Nice find!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chris, last I was there, Winslow had 900 parts trucks in the front 40. He's not very far from you either. Did anyone else see the writing on the wall here with Chris' purchase? Notice that he reported selling his Cummins powered Dodge to get the 923 and he's going to get a "80's beater diesel pickup". I smell M1008 all over the place. Chris, you can't help it, it's a disease. No amount of rehab can repair the green damage. Shall we all keep our ears to the pavement for the 1008 or have you already got that too?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks