• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M51 dump truck model

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Title says it all, more or less. Does a 1:24 scale model of a M51A2 exists? Preferably with moving dump bed?

Yes I did try search but nothing came up apart from this M51 recovery vehicle, which is a tracked vehicle.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
NOT in 1/24, but YES in 1/35, try "REAL MODEL", "HOBBY FAN"

Last edited:

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Ron,

The Hobby Fan catalog gave an error message on the M51 dump truck (item nr HF-055), but I found it through a review site. Boy did I get a shock. Out of this world too long: 180 US$ for a 1:35 resin model. There is one on eBay for 70 Eur. Both are a bit too much for me, even as a present to my 5-year old grandson. For myself, I'd like to put one together, but prefer to look at a picture on the wall and spend the 180 bucks on restoring the original.

Looking a bit further it turns out that Real Model also has an M51 for 90 EUR. Real Model is a Czech company, so if I find time soon I will get in touch with that guy and see what can be done.

Another question. Sometimes the adds say full kit, sometimes conversion kit. Full kit probably means that the entire truck is in the box in parts. Conversion kit means.....????? Conversion from regular truck to something like model of once existing trucks adapted in the field? Prices do not differ that much.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Thanks Ron,

The Hobby Fan catalog gave an error message on the M51 dump truck (item nr HF-055), but I found it through a review site. Boy did I get a shock. Out of this world too long: 180 US$ for a 1:35 resin model. There is one on eBay for 70 Eur. Both are a bit too much for me, even as a present to my 5-year old grandson. For myself, I'd like to put one together, but prefer to look at a picture on the wall and spend the 180 bucks on restoring the original.

Looking a bit further it turns out that Real Model also has an M51 for 90 EUR. Real Model is a Czech company, so if I find time soon I will get in touch with that guy and see what can be done.

Another question. Sometimes the adds say full kit, sometimes conversion kit. Full kit probably means that the entire truck is in the box in parts. Conversion kit means.....????? Conversion from regular truck to something like model of once existing trucks adapted in the field? Prices do not differ that much.
The conversion kit uses the "ITALERI" #284, m925, , as the bases for the conversion.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks