• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The definiative guide to Nato wiring for trailers and prime movers

JBT

STANAG 4007 PCS (EDITION 2) -ELECTRICAL CONNECTORS

BETWEEN PRIME MOVERS. TRAILERS AND TOWED ARTILLERY

See the attached pdf.

The aim of this agreement is to standardize, for use by the NATO armed Forces:

a. Certain dimensions of the 12-pin, 24-volt receptacles (plug and socket-type) and plugs (plug and socket-type) for the electrical connections between prime movers, trailers and towed artillery units, as described in this ST ANAG. Prime movers can also be defined as tactical land vechicles.
b. The location of these receptacles.
c. The circuit arrangement of the 12-pin receptacle.

8. Circuit Arrangements. The circuit and pin allocation is as follows:

a. Pin A. The circuit taken through pin A shall be exclusively for the purpose of:
(I) Trailer blackout.
(2) Front and rear corner marker lights blackout.

b. Pin B. The circuit taken through pin B shall be used exclusively for the purpose of: Left hand turn signal.

c. Pin C. The circuit taken through pin C shall be used exclusively for the purpose of: Trailer convoy lights.

d. Pin D. The circuit taken through pin D shall be used exclusively for the purpose of: Return (earth).

e. Pin E. The circuit taken through pinE shall be used exclusively for the purpose of:

(I)
Normal taillights.
(2) Side marker lights.
(3) Front clearance lights.
(4)

Rear clearance lights.
( 5) Registration plate illumination.

f.

Pin F. The circuit taken through pin F shall be used exclusively for the purpose of: Blackout stoplights.

g. Pin

H. The circuit taken through pin H shall be used exclusively for the purpose of: Foglights.

h. Pin J. The circuit taken through pin

J shall be used exclusively for the purpose of: Right hand turn signal.

J. Pin

K. Pin K shall be used exclusively for the purpose of providing an auxiliary power feed to a towed vehicle where there is a requirement for this.

k.

Pin L. The circuit taken through pin L shall be used exclusively for the purpose of: Return (earth).

I.
Pin M. The circuit taken through pin M shall be used exclusively for the purpose of: Reversing lights.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks