• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M135 Muffler

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Muffler

brian.asbury@sympatico.ca

I got mine from Brian and there is a chance it was the last one. Sometimes a muffler sneaks it's way out from behind something else. Supply Line has Sam Winer listing G749 parts but I don't see exhaust, might be worth a try ....Akron Ohio 330-628-4881. Nothing through google and I understood Memphis E doesn't stock them anymore but wouldn't hurt to call. They're only listing cooling, brakes and Axle parts.

It might be time to come up with some alternatives.

Let us know what you find and I'll ask the locals.

Attachments

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try Alfa Heaven in Aniwa WI. I have one, but I won't give it up. Sorry

I believe Aniwa is closer to you than Iola is. Sounds like they have MANY trucks and parts form sale.

Last edited:

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, this sounds like a challenge! Yes it does.

Are your pipes good?
What is your ultimate goal?
If you don't have a winch, insert a muffler inside the driver's step.

I think most of us are in the same boat here.

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not proud of this, but there are my "Yard Mufflers." The goal is only to keep the neighbors from getting mad at me. I suppose you could place a muffler next to the trans (add a heat shield) if you had to run it for any length of time.

The real benefit is I now know how bad my exhaust manifold leaks.

In case anypne was wondering, the fancy exhaust hangers are made from trapping wire.

Attachments

Last edited:

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does any one have a picture of the "guts" of the muffler?
I'm wondering if it has preforated baffles or perforated pipe inside.

This looks like something I can make myself and do a build thread on. I have found a source for some of the internal components. I can cut the end caps out with a sawzall or plasma and wrap it with steel and mig weld it. Looks like I can have the flanges made anywhere they bend exhaust and weld them into the muffler.

Should be a fairly simple project that can be duplicated easily -depending what the inside looks like.

Several pics of a rotted out muffler would help!

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Alan. That is simpler than I first thought. Any idea what the length and diameter is of the perforated pipe?

SturmTyger380

I thought it looked simple as well. I will take some measurements later today. I would choose a heaver gauge metal than the original to make it out of. Alan

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was also looking at a Donaldson muffler type 5 number M065073.

Here is the link
http://www.donaldson.com/en/exhaust/support/datalibrary/056799.pdf

Since the muffler is shorter, I think a guy could add tight 90 degree elbows with the ends flanged. Should line up to the pipes easily. The big drawback would be the fact it is round, not oval. Muffler runs about $80

Her is a pic of a system some one builds. It runs about $950. I see it uses a short muffler with an elbow welded on.

Attachments

tlmob1

I went to Car Quest auto parts and found a round muffler that should work for my M135. But, I would still like to get a correct refabricated muffler that will fit correctly. I'll make due for now until I'm able to get my hands on one.:grd:

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
G 749 Muffler bump

Found a link to this Request Quotes. Buy Online. while searching a parts number on some engine crates.

So I typed the muffler part number into a search 2990 00 741 0580 and it shows they have 2 in stock. Defense and Aerospace Sustainment Partner

These guys are in Florida! Anybody purchase off them directly before, if it's possible? Interesting, over the top information to say the least. Not sure if the general public can purchase here but sure need to find out.
ISO Group - FSC - Federal Supply Class

Defense and Aerospace Sustainment Partner
ISO Group is delivering 15.5 million parts to DOD, commercial and international customers in the Americas, EMEA, and APAC.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks