• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Knoxville TN, Broke down TN i-40 eastbound near Knoxville

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Broke down in TN side of i-40. Need 235/85r16 load range E or better. We already blew the a tire and used the spare earlier. Brandons dodge is making oil as well. Anyone nearby can help please call me 803-467-1220

Last edited by a moderator:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I gave Adam a list of tire places in the area(yellow pages).

They were considering dropping off the trailer and hightailing it home with just the truck.

Anyone in the area at all? They may need a secure location to drop the trailer.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok we found a tire shop with some in stock. $485!!!!

Called around somemore, found a guy who will meet us at his shop, $150 for the emergency call, and $135 a tire!
On the way there now.

Thanks Eric for the list!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They got a new tire. They could not get a new rim, so still they have no spare. Should be on the road soon. They're eating and gonna change the oil in the truck(it's about a gallon high with fuel).

They may be back to Brandon's by midnight, if all goes well.

Please continue to keep an eye on this thread, if your along the way.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Adam, I wish you had called. I have some contacts in Cookeville. Anyway, looks like you're back on your way.

I'm beginning to think we may should have left the bed where we had it the first time to take some weight off those tires. Oh well, I hope y'all make it home without any more problems.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Ty,
I should have called. Didn't think about it.

The wieght shouldn't be an issue, we wieghed it and the bed is only 10k, so the trailer should be fine with 14k of capacity. We are thinking that it is the fact they are cheap chinese year old tires that finally saw some highway time under load.

It is raining, so we are hoping that will keep the heat down.

Brandon's truck is leaking fuel from the injector Orings. He had a programmer and must have been set too high. We drained the oil and refilled, with the programer off, it doesn't appear to be leaking as much.

We should be to Brandon's at 0140, which will put me home at 0500. I HAVE to be to work in the morning, as we have to move railcars. So home, shower, off to work. I'm going to try and take a nap till we get to Brandons. Hopefully I won't be interupted....

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know there are some members in the Knoxville area but can't recall who.

Guys, they're in a bad shape having to leave the trailer on the side of the road.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks