• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from Hot Springs, AR

Jordan7118

Hello!

I picked up a non-running M1008 this past weekend and have come here to find out exactly how much trouble I have caused myself :D

Truck is a former fire department brush truck complete with tank and pump in back and an amateur paint job - red, of course.

I'm an avid offroader with a rockcrawler, so this is a cool change of pace to be working on a heavy duty truck with a diesel.

Look forward to learning from you all! Thanks in advance [thumbzup]

- Jordan

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard and you aren't THAT far from the Georgia Rally next week. Drive over and meet some of the gang.

:)

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
welcome to the od green sickness. you will find everything you need in the way of info to learn all about fixing up your truck

ARYankee

Welcome to the site!!! I'm right next door in Benton. There are also a few more MV guys in your area. I have an M1009 and can help you out or give some advice with your M1008. Feel free to holler at me or even stop by. You got that one off of Craigslist. That wasn't a bad deal. If I wasn't so poor I would have jumped on it.

Jordan7118

Thanks for the welcome!

I will be going to the Southern Rock Racing Series finale at Superlift OHV Park this weekend - Southern Rock Racing Series Should be a good time with someone walking away $10K richer.

Yeah, I got it off Craigslist. Dude was a used car salesman and told me he bought it for the dash and seat. But, when I got there a week later to pick it up, he still hadn't taken the dash or the seat. He swapped dashes quickly and left the seat.

I'm told it's missing teeth on the flex plate. Car salesman said he put batteries in it and tried to start it. Turned over until it found the toothless part of the flex plate.

ARYankee, I may take you up on that offer. From the list of vehicles in your sig, I'd say you have quite the fleet!

Again, thanks for the welcome!

jeeplvr247

Welcome to the addiction and good luck with your new project. I was just down in hot springs this summer on lake Hamilton, you guys have some good BBQ down there for sure.

ARYankee

ARYankee, I may take you up on that offer. From the list of vehicles in your sig, I'd say you have quite the fleet!

Again, thanks for the welcome!
No problem. Just let me know. Yeah I do. I actually thinned it down a deuce not too long ago. I plan on possibly adding to it this coming Spring/Summer.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I picked up a non-running M1008 this past weekend and have come here to find out exactly how much trouble I have caused myself

Welcome to the Green Iron Laughing Accademy.:cookoo:

The CUCV series of vehicles will test your masochistic streak.

I hated them when I had to drive them in the Army and my opinion hasn't mellowed.

Good luck with that.:roll:

Jordan7118

Well, it's been over two years, and I really haven't made much progress with this : >/

I did buy a second M1008 for parts, but it didn't have the parts I really needed to get the first one to run. We started diagnosing the issues with the first truck, and the starter was no good. The second truck didn't have a starter, and that's pretty much where the interest died.

Hate to bring bad news after two years, but that's how it goes. If anyone local is looking for some parts from a M1008, feel free to contact me. Not sure what I'll do with the first truck. It's missing axles, transmission, seats, doors. Has hood, 6.2 (unsure of condition), cab with rust in door sills, bed in decent shape, and good frame.

Last edited by a moderator:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks