• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amram

Progressive was charging me $1100 a year. I have a really good driving record and considered this extremely steep for a vehicle that barely gets driven so I switched to gulfway.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This has come up before about restrictions on Gulfway. I have pulled the policy out and read it twice. I found no restrictions. Like I said, they can tell you in an e-mail, phone or letter lots of things but if it isn't in the policy it does not matter. It's sort of like enlistment papers.....

If I'm bored maybe I will read my policy again or take it to my local agent and have them review it. There is a chance I could be wrong but I can read.

I wasn't bored so I didn't re-read my policy but I did go to Gulfway's website to get the phone number since I want to add my M813 and wait for it.........front page. Sort of puts a damper on all the people who thought they knew what they were talking about....

"[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Gulfway Insurers started its Collector Truck program in 2001 after speaking with the management at American Truck Historical Society and being told an innovative insurance program was needed for the truck collector. The highlights of this program include no mileage limitation, no radius limitation, we can include trailers, there is no size or weight limitation, inside storage is not required."

[/FONT]

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I originally had my Deuce insured with Statefarm. I sent my agent an email with pictures so there was no doubt what they were insuring. The Deuce was ~$600 a year with Statefarm.

When I bought my M818, Statefarm would not insure it so I went with Gulfway for ~$200 a year. I moved my Deuce to Gulfway for the same price. Now I have the M1028A2 at Gulfway after selling the Deuce.

I have read my Gulfway/Traveller's Collectors policy and I don't find any restrictions either. I'm not using my trucks for anything not consistant with the Permanent Antque tag uses anyway so no worries there. But it's nice to not have to worry about mileage.

My advice is make sure your insurance agent has pictures (and you have proof they do) so if you have a claim denied; you have proof you didn't miss-represent your vehicle.

nmdata

well oddly enough state farm got me a commercial policy for $26.52/mo and i am going to go ahead and do that one as it is pretty dang cheap, no restrictions or limits on loading. the agent told me i can add other truck, mv or civilian, for an additional $15/mo per vehicle. considering i am only 30 yrs of age this is a pretty decent deal.

FatBuddhaBoo

I wasn't bored so I didn't re-read my policy but I did go to Gulfway's website to get the phone number since I want to add my M813 and wait for it.........front page. Sort of puts a damper on all the people who thought they knew what they were talking about....

"[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Gulfway Insurers started its Collector Truck program in 2001 after speaking with the management at American Truck Historical Society and being told an innovative insurance program was needed for the truck collector. The highlights of this program include no mileage limitation, no radius limitation, we can include trailers, there is no size or weight limitation, inside storage is not required."

[/FONT]
You are right about those, and but it was mentioned to me there were specific USAGE restrictions. (as I previously posted). Guess I'll find out when I get my docs from them.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
See what Ray (Tow4) said as well.

I just got my M813 insured about 30 minutes ago with Gulfway and it took two e-mails and two phone calls and I started this morning. $238/y prorated to $200 and it was added to my Deuce policy. It's commercial with no restrictions. Carol is AWESOME!!

Carol Smith
Gulfway Insurers of Hudson Inc
12701 U S Hwy 19
Bayonet Point FL 34667
Phone (727)863-5451 or (800)940-5010
Fax (727)862-3003

FatBuddhaBoo

See what Ray (Tow4) said as well.

I just got my M813 insured about 30 minutes ago with Gulfway and it took two e-mails and two phone calls and I started this morning. $238/y prorated to $200 and it was added to my Deuce policy. It's commercial with no restrictions. Carol is AWESOME!!
Yeah, I read what Ray said. Again, very odd, especially since Carol is the one I have been dealing with. I even specifically asked about "commercial" as you have stated and she flat out told me there was no such thing. Don't know what the deal is, but it's obvious there are differences. Perhaps it's because of varying state regulations. Dunno.

Anyways, here is what is stated on the Quote Worksheet that was sent me, which I've attached below:

This insurance program is designed for collectors and hobbyists who use their vehicles for shows, exhibits, parades, similar events, and limited driving to keep the vehicle in running condition. This program is not intended for vehicles used commercially or used on a daily basis.

Again, I posted previously what Carol said via email, which reiterated what is on the Quote Worksheet. I guess I'll see what the fine print says in the documents that they send me.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Attachments

Gunner0311

I am totally confused now about GULFWAY. I don't remember the ladies' name when I called them, but when I said "Five Ton Truck" I could hear her gasp over the phone
and she flat out told me they would not insure my truck! :-?

State Farm was insuring my 5-Ton under a commercial policy for $394/six months.
I felt that was too high, as it was about 40 cents per mile driven those six months!
And I also could not understand why they insist on saying it is a "Commerical Truckl".
I do Not use it for any business activity, so why is it a commercial truck?:cry:

I am trying FARMERS Monday morning.......aua

nmdata

Gunner0311,

Try this as it is the best thing i have found in my quest for cheap insurance. It is a lot of work but if you pit the different insurance companies against each other and let them think they are getting another chance at your potential business, they will make leaps and jumps to beat the other guys price. I pit farmers, state farm, progressive, and gieco against each other and ended up with a policy for $26.** /mo and both my wife and I have full coverage on our cars for around $50 per car a month. so for about $130/month we have one commercial policy and two full coverage personal vehicle policies. It basically comes down to strategy and planning.

Good luck.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, I read what Ray said. Again, very odd, especially since Carol is the one I have been dealing with. I even specifically asked about "commercial" as you have stated and she flat out told me there was no such thing. Don't know what the deal is, but it's obvious there are differences. Perhaps it's because of varying state regulations. Dunno.

Anyways, here is what is stated on the Quote Worksheet that was sent me, which I've attached below:

This insurance program is designed for collectors and hobbyists who use their vehicles for shows, exhibits, parades, similar events, and limited driving to keep the vehicle in running condition. This program is not intended for vehicles used commercially or used on a daily basis.

Again, I posted previously what Carol said via email, which reiterated what is on the Quote Worksheet. I guess I'll see what the fine print says in the documents that they send me.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:
Carol and Gulfway knows exactly what my truck is and the have pics of the Deuce and will have pics of the 813 this week. I'll see if I can post this clip of the top of my insurance card they sent. It is the same as the front cover of my policy.

Attachments

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am totally confused now about GULFWAY. I don't remember the ladies' name when I called them, but when I said "Five Ton Truck" I could hear her gasp over the phone
and she flat out told me they would not insure my truck! :-?

State Farm was insuring my 5-Ton under a commercial policy for $394/six months.
I felt that was too high, as it was about 40 cents per mile driven those six months!
And I also could not understand why they insist on saying it is a "Commerical Truckl".
I do Not use it for any business activity, so why is it a commercial truck?:cry:

I am trying FARMERS Monday morning.......aua

Gunner0311 , You have to remember the state of michigan tacks $140 a year on every vehicle for the uninsured motorist fund . With michigans no-fault laws and lifetime medicial coverage , it gives us some of the highest rates in the counrty . It is also why many companies won't write insurance in michigan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks