• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

napa 3512 fuel filter o-ring

dstang97

I thought these came with the correct o-ring. Mine would not fit into the grove and I had to stretch it pretty good then came the leaks. Anyone else have this problem?

Is this the correct o-rinng 15211? from WIKI

eagle4g63

3540 is not the same filter as the 3512

3512 is a 10 micron filter............used in the secondary filter housing

3540 is a 6 micron filter...........used in the final filter housing

While both are physically the same size and can go in either housing it is advised to use them in the correct way.............as the filter set up was designed to work.

As for the "O" ring I have to look for where my spare one is and get you the part # the ones that come with the filters were not the right ones...........however in the Wix boxes they give you 2 different gaskets("O" rings) and I haven't tried one yet but another member said that the correct one is in there.

By the way just add a 3 in front of the two previous numbers and that is the Wix number.

jatonka

The secondary/final gasket number is Napa #5070
The primary gasket number is Napa #5131
The oil gasket is Napa # 5119 it is a fiber gasket and is correct.

These are all good numbers, I buy them 100 at a time.

Jas0n

The secondary/final gasket number is Napa #5070
The primary gasket number is Napa #5131
The oil gasket is Napa # 5119 it is a fiber gasket and is correct.

These are all good numbers, I buy them 100 at a time.
I just ordered some filters online from FleetFilter, I thought there were going to be WIX but they were Napa Gold... For the price I can't complain.

Anyhow, I'm not sure if the supplied gaskets will work (just got my deuce so I have yet to change the oil & fuel filters)... I looked up those parts online and the #5131 does not show up in the search results??? If I go to the store or call will I (hopefully) have better luck?

I think eventually I'll probably get me some of the spin-on adapters once I can afford them. ;)

aheilmann68

FleetFilter states that the NAPA Gold are built by WIX and are the same. the o-rings that came with the filters fit in the groove that the can rests in. I had trouble putting them in as they are smaller and have to be stretched nicely to slide in. I found that soaking them in fuel for a few minutes helps make them more pliable (the ~3.5" dia 1/8" thick o-ring) the little round ones i fount fit on the top bolt but i had a real soft o-ring that i kept on to make a better seal

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks