• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

14.00-24's & 10 ton parts

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Found a great source for these hard to find tires, it is B and M Military Surplus, bandmmilitarysurplus.com, Bill fixed me up with a pair of nice mounted 14.00's and palletized and loaded motor freight for me. He is also parting several 10 tons.

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How were the tires on your 10 ton when you picked it up? The spare looked decent for what I recall.
Two were flat and cracked/torn. All the others are OK. I called numerous dealers looking for these tires. In the end, a simple Google search found this vendor.

Mack Attack

Banned
Maybe its the photo ? But that tire looks a bit worn ? Any of these style tread 14.00-24s have got to be 20+ years old ! I can't imagine they are as safe as they once were ?

They make Bias and Radial 14.00 24s wheel loaders and road graders use them. Also if you wanted to speed it up a bit the also make a 16.00R24 that also fits the rims they can be duel'd or ran singled ;-)

Though the M125/123 series trucks aren't fast they ain't light either
M/A

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe its the photo ? But that tire looks a bit worn ? Any of these style tread 14.00-24s have got to be 20+ years old ! I can't imagine they are as safe as they once were ?

They make Bias and Radial 14.00 24s wheel loaders and road graders use them. Also if you wanted to speed it up a bit the also make a 16.00R24 that also fits the rims they can be duel'd or ran singled ;-)

Though the M125/123 series trucks aren't fast they ain't light either
M/A
Oh they are old alright, one is a 1968. And the tread is maybe 50%. But beggars cant be choosers when it comes to these 24" tires. I don't like the look of the equipment tires personally. I won't be hauling a M60 with this truck, only a M172 with a D7 at slow speeds.

Mack Attack

Banned
Well as long as they "look good" to you than, Hope to christ non of my relatives are in the vehicle next ya when one of them old obsolete dinosaurs blows out ! 2cents !

I like the Firestone Super All Traction or Goodyear Custom Xtra Grip tires myself, Both of which have obsolete since the mid 90s and early 2000's so I wouldn't even really run those anymore either.

Well good enjoy and insure it heavily ;-)
M/A

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks