• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Crew cab tandem deuce "MADISON" is Home!!!

Best camo pattern for this crew cab

• Total voters

HASSON1911

Today was a victory for the recovery of my new crew cab deuce, it was a cold 12 mile drive, since I had to be in the open crew cab to steer her home. Now that she isw home the real fun starts of finishing her. The only problem we ran into was that Isabell through a huge spark from under the dash, so I quickly shut off the power switch and had to run her back home with it turned off, other than that it was a fun, cold wet recovery.

HASSON1911

the sixth pic I need help with, I believe it is to raise and lower the box. When he stretched the cab he took all those kinds of levers and seats off. So I may need guidance on how to re-install that lever

HASSON1911

***Update on Isabell*** The resistor for the low on the cab heater fell and shorted out, causing the sparks, so that's fried but high still works! Parts truck pics should be up by end of Sat.

Danger Ranger

Ok, so what exactly is your plan? (I am trying to keep up.)

You have a good deuce. And now you have this crew cab dump deuce. You have a parts truck also, and you are using that to finish the new crewcab one?

Just checking to remove all confusion...
Thanks

HASSON1911

Danger you have it all right, Isabell will now be used and kinda abused "with logging and lawn chores maybe even mudding" and Madison will be finished using the parts truck. Afterwards the parts truck will be put in the classifieds to off set my deficit I will inevitably accrue!

Vondy

Lookin good, I'm planning a crew cab this winter as well. I'll be watching here and following you. Thanks for the pics and good luck!

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As you put the project together, (the Crew Cab) could you keep a running total of your investment ? Unless you want to keep that personal, of course.

HASSON1911

Yep I will be removing the top of the iron work and try to make it like a normal extended cab. The previous owner made that and was going to connect it to the box and make a whole bunch of kennels back there for his sled dogs. And Mad I don't mind keeping a running tab, though it may make me sad when its all done and I see the total.

Current Cost: $1200

HASSON1911

Also, Ranger it was quiet the experience when we got to corners, the sprag kept kicking in and wanting to pull hard right. It was an interesting ride home :shock:

Blueduce

I noticed the bed you have on it now. It looks like a bed off of an old WWII Chevy 1.5 ton or a Studebaker or something. If the bed isn't damaged or altered that bed could be rather valuable and highly sought after. I would consider doing some research and getting the word out. The sell of that bed could finance a good portion of your mod.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks