• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939 What Fluid for Trans/Pwr Stg?

Gunzy

Do what you feel is right for YOUR truck. As for me, 15W40 in engine, P/S fluid in P/S, 10wt in trans and PTO hydro, 80w90 in diffs and T-case. This should never cause any problems due to fluids. I found that 10wt is a lot less money than Dex III. Besides, if it was good enough for the military and has proven itself why change and possibly open a new bucket of worms. JMHO

aheilmann68

I used tractor supply hydrostatic/hydraulic fluid. They are essentially all the same specs. Allison is looking for C4 certified IIRC which most universal hydraulic fluid is. The transmission takes pretty much 5 gals

Natron

My fault, when I googled this topic for my hmmwv it popped me right into the last page of this post, I didn't see the heading, sorry bout that.

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do what you feel is right for YOUR truck. As for me, 15W40 in engine, P/S fluid in P/S, 10wt in trans and PTO hydro, 80w90 in diffs and T-case. This should never cause any problems due to fluids. I found that 10wt is a lot less money than Dex III. Besides, if it was good enough for the military and has proven itself why change and possibly open a new bucket of worms. JMHO
I'm about to do some fluid changes in my 5ton/923A2 truck & I'm going with what Gunzy posted.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks