• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy from Maryville, TN

jvandal

Just a Noobie from TN. Just this past week bought my first Military vehicle, a 923 from the Huntsville, AL auction. If everything goes well scottgs and I will bring it home next Friday. I can't wait to attend the next rally. Vandal:jumpin::jumpin:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Welcome to the Green Iron Laughing Accademy.:cookoo:

I was bidding on a couple of those trucks but quit early.

Teresa and her crew at Redstone are great to work with.

Your presence at the next GA Rally is required......do not resist....you will be assimilated.

Be there or be square.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to SS. I'm just down the road from you in Greenback. We have a rather active military vehicle group in this area. Check out Knoxville Military Vehicle Club at Home. Activities include parades, eat-outs, and camping.

tennmogger

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
The wife and I go to Deals gap almost every other weekend during the riding season, and we have really good friends that live in Maryville.

jvandal

Ok, WOW, Thanks for the warm welcome....

Now the questions...

I plan on recovering the truck on Friday, the 923 weighs in at 21K lbs (empty) and the CDL requirement is 26K lbs.... Do I have to have a CDL to drive this thing as the GVWR loaded is well over 26K?

Weigh stations? do I have to stop? Should I even be on the interstate?

Besides the basics... oil, anti freeze, tranny fluid, Gear oil..... tools, jacks and the like... what would you recommend bringing with me?

Who lives between Knoxville and Huntsville and is willing to be an emergency helper? LOLOL... kidding.... not I'm not.... Who?

any other suggestions? advice?

Joe:drool:

taylordc15

Now the questions...

I plan on recovering the truck on Friday, the 923 weighs in at 21K lbs (empty) and the CDL requirement is 26K lbs.... Do I have to have a CDL to drive this thing as the GVWR loaded is well over 26K?

Besides the basics... oil, anti freeze, tranny fluid, Gear oil..... tools, jacks and the like... what would you recommend bringing with me?

Who lives between Knoxville and Huntsville and is willing to be an emergency helper? LOLOL... kidding.... not I'm not.... Who?

I'm on the north side of Atlanta, give me a call if you break down with in a couple of hours north or south of here (540)842-0056

byrdman1312

Welcome from West TN.
Can't help you between Huntsville and Maryville, but if you're ever west of Nashville, let me know. Goes for the rest of you as well.

jvandal

Can you drive those off the arsenal? I noticed the postings didn't say they could be driven off the base this time if I remember right.
The posting say "it may be driven off site"..... but that was in the video... I will be calling them first thing Monday morning to setup the appt. to remove it... will find out the specifics then...

Joe

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy

Now the questions...

Please don't take offense to this, but, those are questions you should have known the answers to before even bidding on the truck. I think you should do a lot of reading between now and Friday to familiarize yourself with the truck. Go to the resources tab at the top of the page, then tech manuals, then 5 ton and up, then 939 series trucks. Start now:beer:

jvandal

Please don't take offense to this, but, those are questions you should have known the answers to before even bidding on the truck. I think you should do a lot of reading between now and Friday to familiarize yourself with the truck. Go to the resources tab at the top of the page, then tech manuals, then 5 ton and up, then 939 series trucks. Start now:beer:
None taken! never thought about a 5ton till this one fell into my lap.... Beggars can't be chosers... or some such drizzle.... :twisted:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks