• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy from Maryville, TN

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
You can drive the truck off the base. No one will check you for a tag or insurance. Since you just purchased it (and will have a copy of your Paid Invoice with you) a tag should not be a problem.
I have a Progressive Farm policy but you may not qualify if you don't have acreage. I would not drive it without insurance.

I never stop at weigh stations and have never been pulled over.

It doesn't matter what you take with you if you break down you won't have what you need to fix it. rofl

Take basic hand tools...if you have a flat call a moblie tire repair truck or limp to a shop (if your truck has duals).

Take cash for incidentals.....a credit card for Murphy.

I checked out all the trucks that had hardtops.....only six of them started. If you call and talk to Adam he might be able to tell you if yours is a runner.

Two of them did not have fuel caps on them. Take extra fuel filters.

If the batteries are dead take two high CCA batteries with you. If you slave the truck off and drive it a long distance with dead batteries it can kill the alternator. You have to put the batteries in correctly to get 24 volts.....just watch how you take out the old ones.

One of the trucks I checked out sounded like it was grinding concrete...may have driveline issues.

PM me the event and lot number and if it's one I checked out I'll give you the skinny on it.

Have you made an appointment with Teresa? Make sure you do......you won't pick up your truck without one.

scottgs

You can drive the truck off the base. ...

It doesn't matter what you take with you if you break down you won't have what you need to fix it. rofl

Sounds like good advice.

Wreckerman, I think his truck is a soft top. It does start and drive in the video. What more could you ask for? ;)

Garret

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I plan on recovering the truck on Friday, the 923 weighs in at 21K lbs (empty) and the CDL requirement is 26K lbs.... Do I have to have a CDL to drive this thing as the GVWR loaded is well over 26K?
First off, it doesn't matter what it weighs, they go by GVW in TN (which is over 26K).

Now comes the tricky part. In TN, if you run farm tags and stay within 150 miles of home, you can get by without CDL. The actual law states that you must be engaged in agriculture but they won't bother you as long as you have farm tags. I also think you're not allowed to cross state lines with the CDL ag exemption.

All that being said, go get your CDL. While you can get by running farm tags without CDL, if you are not engaged in agriculture, you may run into problems if you are ever involved in a serious accident.

jedawson1

Congrats on the buy, some good trucks in that lot. I 2nd the notion for the "Knoxville Military Vehicle Club" I went to their camp out at Fall Creek Falls last month, great bunch of guys. From what I heard they attend parades and other events in the Knoxville area on a regular basis. I'm in Murfreesboro, TN so I'm limited on what events I can attend. Once of the members of the KMVC is helping me obtain a radio for my truck, they are a helpful and knowledgeable group, family oriented. Welcome Aboard.

jvandal

Congrats on the buy, some good trucks in that lot. I 2nd the notion for the "Knoxville Military Vehicle Club" I went to their camp out at Fall Creek Falls last month, great bunch of guys. From what I heard they attend parades and other events in the Knoxville area on a regular basis. I'm in Murfreesboro, TN so I'm limited on what events I can attend. Once of the members of the KMVC is helping me obtain a radio for my truck, they are a helpful and knowledgeable group, family oriented. Welcome Aboard.
Thanks.... I hope to have one of those radios also. I have applied for membership with the KMVC but haven't heard back yet

Scarecrow1

I called the DMV in SC and was ask the weight of the truck and when I told them they said no .....So I ride lol until I am told different. Good luck and welcome

jvandal

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks