• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DUKW Causes Heart Attack!!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I know I shouldn't post this until the deed is done but my heart can't take it anymore!:shock:

I just got off the phone with a GA State Officer in another county that had just gotten off the phone with a different GA State Officer who was in a different county standing next to a feller wanting to sell a DUKW!!:drool::drool:
Well...State Officer #1 gave State Officer #2 the fellers phone # and I was on it like stink on poo poo!!:)

So...I talked to the feller...DUKW is complete...wheels and all...has some rust issues and rotted out wood but highly restorable...according to him.

The feller is supposed to call me back tonight to arrange a time tomorrow or Saturday for us to meet and take a look at the beast.
I know I won't be sleeping until I lay eyeballs on it and either take her home or not.

Price/location is classified until I decide on whether I'm gonna snag it or not.
He has no Pics available but I'll take some and post them either way as soon as I can link up with the feller.

Now...for the real reason for the post...to make Clinto all nervous and stuff!:beer::beer:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I am heading South with the "Official Recovery Pup" Brian and a towbar.

See you in 3 hours.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He bought the 715 from me. It came from the Missorri Forestry Service. I have seen a half dozen of them. Usually with the neon yellow paint.

I call shotgun for riding in the DUKW

Last edited:

RDUKW

Please post pictures when you see it. Also if your not interested in it please let me know :D. Is it all original.

Ryan

M715VFD405

From what I've been able to find it not only came from Missouri but Gasconade County Mo. As I haven't heard back from them yet the only trucks using the numbers found on my truck (248 ) is the city of Bland Mo. I call dibs on water testing :)

zout

:not worthy::popcorn: This is an exellent Clinto squirming post

That fella has to be literally jumpin out of his hide and now on the phone trying to dump the jeep to make available some liquid CASH ----- $$$$$$- as in CHA CHING - drooling over the hopes of this in his yard

did I say priceless post PB. :beer:

nopics

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I'm sure if PB doesn't take it, Clinto will get first dibs. I get next dibs and will park it at Clints or PB until it is restored and drivable/floatable.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Please post pictures when you see it. Also if your not interested in it please let me know :D. Is it all original.
Ryan
Here's all I know right now...it has all the original wheels, has not been chopped on/cut up, all the hull is intact...except a few small rust thru holes in the wheel wells, and all the wooden parts are rotted away.:(
The original engine is locked but he has a running replacement.:)
Has the seats and metal grates behind em etc.:)

I scrapped 3 WWII era jeeps cause they were just too far gone after some folks got the few good parts but....
This is a DUKW!!!

If this thing ain't a TOTAL COMBAT LOSS...I'm gonna own it...well if MB will give me some money.:oops::oops:

PLUS...today I kicked my own arse for selling the basket case CCKW that had a complete engine/running gear...but hey...who knew??:shock:

Attachments

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whenever I sell a part or truck, it bites me in the arse sometime down the road. "hey, I had XYZ, but crap, it is too late now"

Can't wait to see it!:beer:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it's real bad, hmm... Has anyone "bobbed"a dukw?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks