• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Carnage in mississippi

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a cryin' shame that sometimes these proud steel soldiers are worth more as scrap metal than they are as working trucks. One day we'll complain that we can't find good trucks for a good price anymore, as all these were turned into Chinese rebar.

We can only save so many, and the wolves get the rest....

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I'll give Jeff an "A" for effort in trying to save as many as he can.

He can tell you some horror stories about what the gooberment is doing with up-armored trucks out at Camp Shelby.

When the M900 series tractors were coming out in droves they were selling cheap and being driven out of the gate straight to the scrappers.

A dam shame but it is what it is.

Csm Davis

We are not cutting the good ones but trucks that have issues we are selling the ones that are streetable and any parts I can sell to you folks if you want something off a 809 series or 939series call me, we will sell any part of these to keep the rest going. Please don't PM me I don't check it often. Yes you can call or email.

Last edited:

wdbtchr

It's a cryin' shame that sometimes these proud steel soldiers are worth more as scrap metal than they are as working trucks. One day we'll complain that we can't find good trucks for a good price anymore, as all these were turned into Chinese rebar.

We can only save so many, and the wolves get the rest....
It's just that time, I can remember when I was in high school watching the scrapper cutting up CCKWs and Jeeps like they were nothing. I guess I'm just getting old and tired and too sick to think about my old stuff going to make razor blades and cheap crapl from china.

Afterthought: My fatherinlaw told me stories how how Brand new CCKWs were dumped in the ocean after WW2. He was on a destroyer and couldn't understand why. At least now they're recycled I guess that's something.

Last edited:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jeff hooked me up last week with parts and he is saving parts off the ones being cut up! Like everyone else, he is entitled to make a living and he certainly did not get them for free from GL. 2cents
He also has runners available. I told him I need a running tractor to build my daughter a rig with a deuce cargo bed on a tractor. Only one catch, I need long term storage for about 5 years for my 11 year old. I hope he still has one then. :D

3dAngus

Mixed feelings here for sure, but a person has to do what a person has to do and I respect that.

I hate to see them cut up, yet, I cut one down to a bobber myself as it is just more to my liking.
I have tripled my investment in it since, so my thinking was I am making it better, not worse, and it looks so much better than it ever did when I purchased it, I can easily (in my own mind) justify it.

If I had the resouces, I would probably do the same, giving top priority to saving what I could for my own rebuilds and those of the community. They are not all economically feasible to repair.

Stonepicker1

We are not cutting the good ones but trucks that have issues we are selling the ones that are streetable and any parts I can sell to you folks if you want something off a 809 series or 939series call me, we will sell any part of these to keep the rest going. Please don't PM me I don't check it often. Yes you can call or email.
Email sent. Thanks

Csm Davis

Re: Carnage in mississippi !!!!!!

Okay got my vendors setup so you can pm away. No part over a $1000 and that's for a good motor. Everything else is $500 and down it all must go reasonable offers will be taken but if you want small parts think bigger and will probably get the whole assembly for the same price. But do it quick the wolfs are at the door and I can't hold them back for long!

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow! Where is the beef? (only old timers know this commercial :) looking good!

Jeff, You have been quite busy from when I visited. Now you got room for more from that place........

Take care,

Juan

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks