• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1950's REO brand SWB 6by ?'s

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh my! It's a V17A/MTQ with the top chopped off. Yikes! Glad to see it saved at any rate.

Mack Attack

Banned
Well the truck is going to be saved though it will be living life as a duel winched tractor. I haven't a clue as to what the fate of the bed.

Like I said its NOT my truck or my project just a "helper" on this conversion.
M/A

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Sure would make a nice service truck, close off the side boxes, mount a #7 wrecker kit and use the rear winch with it, add a decent size welder ,air compressor and some tourches

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sure would make a nice service truck, close off the side boxes, mount a #7 wrecker kit and use the rear winch with it, add a decent size welder ,air compresser and some touches

What kind of touches? Sensitive touches or something like Ipod touches?

Last edited by a moderator:

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you sure its a 211? The rims on it make it look like a 135. You will need 8 different rims to dual the rear(I think). The 135 rims have a back space design to them.
Gimpy is right. You should really have 10 dual wheel style rims. I suppose you could get by with 8. The back spacing is different so the duals have space between them.

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Correction, it looks like the right rear may be a dual wheel. See if the center sticks out further and the tire is set in about an inch further. (It may actually be 1.25". Can't remember for sure)

Last edited:

nattieleather

The truck cab and frame started life as a M34 which was singled wheeled. Like the M135. Then the truck had the bed put on and changed into the maintence truck. This truck is rare and should be restored to original as possible. But that is just MHO.

Do you realize that this truck has a max road speed of 50 mph right? If you want to use it as a tractor and move on down the road. Look into getting a M818 5 ton tractor. You'll do 65 with no problem and no modification needed to the truck already has a 5th wheel and everything.

Good luck with your truck.

Mack Attack

Banned
First off its NOT my truck, Apparently its hard to understand "Great nephew's truck"

Secondly I have never once seen an M818 that dose 65mph. The M818 clears states NOT to exceed 50mph in 5th gear as where all the 2.5 ton series say do NOT exceed 60mph in 5th gear.

Sorry but I ain't buying a story about a 65mph 5ton, Maybe on super singles but he won't run a tractor that ain't duel rear wheeled. Honestly I agree with him a don't like the SRW look.

M/A

Last edited:

Mack Attack

Banned
Rims are dated '85 so they are all newer than the truck itself. bed was added to this truck in 1985 according to the records, It was also converted from DRW to SRW.

So this truck started life with ten 9.00-20s under it and no bed at all and 2 winches.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks