• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Steel Soldiers 2nd Annual Wounded Warriors Fund Drive

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi all!

Once again, we are going to have a fund raising effort on SS to support our wounded veterans. Last year's campaign raised almost $5000! I think we can do even better than that so I set this year's goal at $7500. I just dropped $200 in the pot to kick things off.

Here's the link to the webpage to donate:

As a side note, I still owe a few folks a OIF pin-up book from last year's fund drive. I apologize that I never got them mailed out! If you were one of the initial $200+ donors last year, and never received your book, then please PM me with your current address and I will get one shipped to you!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you, Chris, for taking point on this mission.

May the generous hearts of the SS Membership pour out abundantly for those who have sacrificed for us all. May these donations bless both the wounded and the giver. And may the funds collected be carefully directed and dispensed to the maximum benefit of these valiant warriors.
AMEN.

3dAngus

I have selected the memo at the top of the page ("Donate Here") for a donation to wounded warriors and the link for it sends me to the "no more political statements page".

I'm surprised no one has already mentioned this, but in any case, please correct the link so people who wish to donate to it go to the correct area and make a speedy donation.

Thanks for all you do. The Wounded Warriors campaign should be proud of the contribution made by all Steel Soldiers.

Last edited:

3dAngus

I am recalling my post about trying to work something out with paypal and Wounded Warriors, where a donation can be made through paypal.

I have contacted Wounded Warriors through the email address recommended to ask the same question and got a robot response. I've read their help page that was recommended and it appears it might be very difficult to work something out without a middle man intervening.

Donations should be made to the site provided in the original post if you wish to donate.

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I made my five dollar donation.

This a very worthy cause and I hope all who can kick in whatever you can!

Last edited:

3dAngus

PB,

Youre an amazing and generous man. You're the TOP contributor.

I love the way you take care of the troops.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
It'll run through the end of the year unless folks need a little more time to donate to reach our goal. Thanks to all who have donated so far.
Just on a personal note, I spoke with a couple of "Wounded Warriors" yesterday at a Veteran's Parade.
Two were quite severly wounded yet still had that gleam in their eyes and the desire to get back on duty...that won't happen for them unfortunately.

I'm gonna try to help keep this thread on the main page where it can be seen...not to pressure anyone but just to keep the need fresh in our minds and hearts.

In this economy some folks will just not have anything to contribute and that is absolutely understandable, I see it everyday and I pray that life improves for them.

My hope is that those who can, will skip a dinner out, not buy that case of beer or other "non-essential" item and find a way to help here.

After hearing and seeing up close and personal from some folks here, I now know the Wounded Warrior projects/programs work and help those who placed themselves in harm's way for us all.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter

I'm gonna try to help keep this thread on the main page where it can be seen...not to pressure anyone but just to keep the need fresh in our minds and hearts.
I too hope anyone who can afford to give something, does. It's a worthy cause.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Outstanding troops! Almost a thousand dollars in about a week!:beer:
At this rate the $7500.00 goal should be easily met by the end of December!:D

I'll post a pic of me in my "Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader's" outfit if anyone would like?

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Hey papabear, I would rather see you in an SS uniform....What size tunic and trouders?
Ummm...I don't know exactly how to respond to that...I hope you mean a Steelsoldiers uniform...but I don't know of one.

I'd rather keep this about the men and women who have worn the uniform of the branches of the US Armed Forces and have been wounded in action.
That's what the program is about.

Let's stay mission oriented.

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, a steel soldiers uniform is US Army green, either Viet Nam or Korea era oriented with the correct foot and head wear. I have both and allow myself to wear spec 7 patches . I love it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks