• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Steel Soldiers 2nd Annual Wounded Warriors Fund Drive

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Yes, a steel soldiers uniform is US Army green, either Viet Nam or Korea era oriented with the correct foot and head wear. I have both and allow myself to wear spec 7 patches . I love it.
Er...ummm...I don't look much like Steel anymore and can't fit into ANY uniform.:-( LOL:D

Now...back to the business at hand.

3dAngus

I've written the Wounded Warriors community and asked if there was a way to set up a link to paypal. They wrote back the following;

Thank you for your support! Wounded Warrior Project™ (WWP) would not be able to provide the vital services needed by injured service members and their families without the generous support of individuals like you. Your recognition of our efforts is motivating, humbling, and very much appreciated by all of us here at WWP. We currently do not have plans to use PayPal and apologize for any inconvenience. We are committed to ensuring that our donors are able to donate with the confidence that credit card information is handled safely, securely and responsibly. Our credit card processing company is PCI Compliant and all credit card and bank data is encrypted.

PCI Compliance Requirements Checklist - U.S. BBB

If you would like to send the funds, my best suggestion is to transfer the funds to your bank account and send a money order. If this is something you are comfortable with, our address for donations is the following:

Wounded Warrior Project
PO Box 758517
Topeka, KS 66675

We hope that you will continue to follow the work that we do and help us raise awareness about the needs of wounded service members. We are always open to hearing from you and encourage you to contact us with additional questions.

It is not my intention to highjack this thread. Our brothers in arms is what this is all really about, and I'm sure Chris would agree. So if there are any of you ardent supporters who would like to donate but are afraid of giving out your card on the internet, even though it is a secure socket layer, you can send in a money order in support. I going in through the SSL and giving my donation now. Thanks to all who donate to this very special cause.

BUMP!!! I have checked the totals and have not seen a single contribution in at least the last 48 hours. Come on guys!!! This is one of the most worthy causes out there. A community this large and patriotic has got to come together and show our support.

:soapbox:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Elbumpo again....

I just want to share a couple of stories from the local area about some Wounded Warriors from Fort Benning.
Evidently, many of them want to continue helping others while they are still healing themselves.

Last month there was an article in the local paper about an ancient "abandoned" family cemetery right smack in the middle of other things that had been built around it.
A distant relative of some of the family came forth, yep...an old feller in a wheel chair that couldn't stand on his own and was on oxygen and explained that he could not keep the cemetery up...nor could he afford to have it done.

Here comes the Cavalry!!! for two weekends, concerned citizens, reinforced by a group of 15 "Wounded Warriors" from Fort Benning went in and cleaned up the area. No WW funds were used, it was just some volunteers wanting to help make a difference.

I've just posted that to say this... although not many of you live close to military facilities and can see first hand what goes on... it does.

By contributing just a small amount in numbers we can help in the healing process for these men and women and help with programs, events etc. that take "outside funds" to keep rolling.

This fund is a way for "volunteers" to help make a difference for those who volunteered...and did make a difference

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
It's me again...lol.

Just crunching a few numbers...there are 41,311 SS members registered as of this morning. That is a pretty large "organization" by most standards.

I just checked the "contribution total" and as of 08:40 hrs today we are up to $2,040.00 thanks to some recent contributions from some good troops.

We still need $5,460.00 to meet the goal of $7500.00 and we have 37 days left without extending the 31 December goal date. We need to average $147.56 per day to meet the goal...on time.

Of the 41,311 registered members I suspect there are 1,000 (or less) who are active on here day to day or even once a week, so I'll just use 1,000 as a planning number.

So then, $5460.00 equally shared by 1,000 members would only be $5.46 each.

Please believe me when I say this is not posted to pressure anyone, it's just posted to propose a starting point for anyone that may not know how much they should contribute.
The amount is not the important issue. The intent is to show support for the men and women that have put themselves in harm's way and to help with programs to assist in getting them "back on track" with their lives.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's me again...lol.

Just crunching a few numbers...there are 41,311 SS members registered as of this morning. That is a pretty large "organization" by most standards.

I just checked the "contribution total" and as of 08:40 hrs today we are up to $2,040.00 thanks to some recent contributions from some good troops.

We still need $5,460.00 to meet the goal of $7500.00 and we have 37 days left without extending the 31 December goal date. We need to average $147.56 per day to meet the goal...on time.

Of the 41,311 registered members I suspect there are 1,000 (or less) who are active on here day to day or even once a week, so I'll just use 1,000 as a planning number.

So then, $5460.00 equally shared by 1,000 members would only be $5.46 each.

Please believe me when I say this is not posted to pressure anyone, it's just posted to propose a starting point for anyone that may not know how much they should contribute.
The amount is not the important issue. The intent is to show support for the men and women that have put themselves in harm's way and to help with programs to assist in getting them "back on track" with their lives.
BUMP !

For those with Charity Budgets that must be spent by year's end, this is a VERY worthy cause! Please consider your gift. Thank you.

3dAngus

I honestly believe they would do much better if they would take paypal. More and more of these charitable organizations want you to use their own secure web site server for the financial delivery. I cannot understand why they will not accept payment via paypal, but I contributed to one unnamed company that I felt was a worthy cause, and they reported back they would not take my contribution through paypal and was returning it, but would take a money order or contribution through their own web site where they could reap more of the contribution with less overhead.

Personally, I thought the reply was absolutely "NUTS". Paypal does allow "gifts" without fees for this purpose, as I understand it.

I did make a contribution to Wounded Warriors using their own secure server and contribution site.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The total has risen slightly to $2220, which is good.

(And yes, this is a blatant bumping of the thread...)

Cheers

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
The total has risen slightly to $2220, which is good.
(And yes, this is a blatant bumping of the thread...)Cheers
Agreed...but we've only increased about 180 dollars in the last ten days. I really think there was more support last year?

Gosh...come on folks let's get the ball rolling and get this done!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks