• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Steel Soldiers 2nd Annual Wounded Warriors Fund Drive

3dAngus

I know this is going to sound silly to some. I don't really give a ****.

I am so proud of those who are making the $5 and $10 donations. Their name pops up and stand next to others who have made more.
It might be embarrassing to some. For me, it makes me all that much more proud to be an American. Some people just don't have enough to donate as much as others. That's fine.
The fact that they are willing to show up at all, where others have not, and make a contribution indicating they really DO CARE, is what it's really all about.

Thanks guys. You're GOOD People!!!

And for the others who have not shown up, that is your perogative. No problem. But please, PLEASE, consider giving that $5 toward a worthy cause. You'll feel better about it.
And, it's a tax write off. Every little bit helps.

God Bless America and those who GIVE.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Wow...this five dollar thingy just keeps coming back to me...here's why:

I just looked and this thread has been viewed 1296 times. Now I know it counts folks that are interested and keep an eye on the thread, but let's just do some math:

$7500.00 divided by 1296 folks equal $5.79 dollars each(ish)! It would be done!
I know that several members have contributed more but I'm just wondering about the other folks that have viewed the thread and not done anything?

That's not mean't to be a slam, I'm just honestly curious what folks think?

I know times are tough but it's tough for our men and women who leave their homes, jobs and lives to go and do a mission and unfortunately, many of them are wounded...physically and/or mentally.

Is it worth 5 or 6 bucks to show these folks that we at least appreciate what they've done for us?

Attachments

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I would like to say thank you to all of the donors who have pitched in this year. I really thought we would exceed the donations from last year, but it just hasn't worked out that way. I am going to close the fund drive down at the end of the year, so now is your last chance to donate. Remember, even the small donations can make a big difference in the lives of our wounded vets and they are tax deductible.

Have a Merry Christmas!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I would like to say thank you to all of the donors who have pitched in this year. I really thought we would exceed the donations from last year, but it just hasn't worked out that way. I am going to close the fund drive down at the end of the year, so now is your last chance to donate. Remember, even the small donations can make a big difference in the lives of our wounded vets and they are tax deductible.
Have a Merry Christmas!
Well at least you tried and for that you have my respect, as do all those who have contributed something to the cause.

I thought the set goal was VERY attainable even with the economy like it is. Guess I was wrong.

42,099 members today...and less than $2500.00 contributed.:oops::oops:

]

doolest

just made a contribution...so SS is a shade closer...I must say I have to agree with PB...the math is easy if everyone that has taken a look could chip in $5....this a great cause for some great people that have given form each of us...if you can please contribute before Chris has to cut things off for 2012!!!!

3dAngus

Just something to think about...

A recommendation for next year. Fantastic results. All subscribers were mailed, ... once,... with the notice. I have a Ford Model A convertible (roadster) and Mike of Mikes AFordable sent this out. Perhaps next year, we can purchase a vehicle in advance at a reasonable cost, auction it, and after paying off the vehicle, submit the remains to the Wounded Warriors.

WWP RAFFLE RESULTS

Mike's "A" Ford-able Parts Annual Model "A" Ford Raffle. Our support is 100% behind our brave men and women in uniform and we will continue to support the Wounded Warrior Project. This being our 3rd Raffle our hopes were to by pass last years $18,450. With 3 weeks to go we had our doubts, then suddenly the flood gates opened.

Our total that we raised for 2012 is $27,650 - This is far beyond our expectations!!!

The winner of the 1928 Closed Cab Pickup is .......Ticket # 669 556. Mr. X. XXXXXXX of Zephyr Hills, Florida.

Thanks again one and all. We hope you all have a wonderful New Year and we look forward to 2013!!

From our Model "A" Family to yours,

Mike

Last edited:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks to all who donated. I was hoping for more, but every little bit helps. We'll look at some new options for our 2013 fundraiser. Stay tuned!

What was the total for 2012? Just curious as to how far we were from our goal. I really like 3dAngus's idea. I also think we should consider a donation at check in during the next SSGR, or any rally for that matter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks