• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 Greek Harness questions

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have read/searched about the greek harnesses. As I understand it they are a suitable replacement but are slightly different. So who has one and what do they think of them? I believe they use colored wires instead of black, have no wire markers, and use packard connectors instead of douglas-is that correct?? Do they have the turn signals wired in? Who has them still for sale? Last, is there a Canadian harness too, or do some people have their info mixed up?

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We just installed the Greek harness in my 37. They are color coded (if you don't have the schematic I can send it to you). They have the 2 piece metal shell connectors (not sure on Douglas/Packard - which is which). There is a "mis-wire" between the front and rear harness but my diagram shows how to make the correction.

We did run in to several places where the soldering was sub-par and had to re-do it. Luckily it was still during the installation process and they came loose while we were trying to make the connections. It would have been a nightmare trying to trace them once the entire thing was in (one of them was in the main light switch connector).

For the price I think it was worth it - $75 compared to $700+ for an OEM style and since I'm not going for a Concourse restoration the colored wire didn't bother me.

The gentleman I bought mine from passed away earlier this year but I believe Brent Mullins Jeep bought out his stock of M37 stuff so you might try there.

M-37Bruce

Complete One

hndrsonj, I have one I do not think I am going to use, pm me if your interested, I bought this one from Sid Beck before he past away.
RIP Sid!

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought this one from Sid Beck before he past away.
RIP Sid!
Sid is where I got mine also. He was a great guy to deal with and had tons of stuff and knowledge. It was interesting to walk through the 4 rail cars he had at his place and just look at all of his inventory. I'm glad I got the chance to meet him in person.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So the Greek harnesses have a front and rear. Do the origional ones have this also or they one piece? I crawled all over mine and it looked like one piece (mostly). The headlights are their own separate, but did I just miss the Ft/Rr connector or is it one piece?? I am really thinking of just making a harness and using Packard connectors. Anyone done this?:beer:

Keith_J

The original harness was in two pieces, the front light switch part which supplies the front and the rear which joins the front on the right side front fender liner.

There are some modifications needed to run it with turn signals. Save as much of the old one to sort out the differences. The switch plug on the front lacks a single terminal which is easy enough to add. A few of the Douglass shells needed swapping.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And save all the little unions inside the shells. The harness that I got didn't have any so we were scrounging them off the old harness.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OEM ones now are $1100.
So if you're not going for an award winning restoration the Greek harness is the way to go.

Making your own harness is certainly an option but the time you'd spend doing it is worth more than the cost of buying one already finished.

MatthewH

So if you're not going for an award winning restoration the Greek harness is the way to go.

Making your own harness is certainly an option but the time you'd spend doing it is worth more than the cost of buying one already finished.
I bought a VWM harness, and thought it was worth every penny. My old harness was junk, even the outer shells, so it was worth having a new one made. Didnt have to source the plugs, all the connection pieces, the blinker setup. Along with the time I would have had into building my own, made sense to buy one. It was one piece to my build where I decided to buy instead of build, worth it 2cents

minnhawk

I have a two-piece (front & rear) NOS Dodge M37 harness I purchased from Wildenberg (Holland) 2 years ago. I never put it in. One of the two boxes has never been opened. I can sell it for $225 including shipping to the US.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a two-piece (front & rear) NOS Dodge M37 harness I purchased from Wildenberg (Holland) 2 years ago. I never put it in. One of the two boxes has never been opened. I can sell it for $225 including shipping to the US.
That is a steal. FYI, my Vintage harness was almost $1400.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks