• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

West Michigan roll call

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

joe16201

Between Clio and Otisville.
Looking to sell my 1971 M35A2 with non- whistler turbo multi fuel Hercules engine.
$6400 OBO.
PM me for more details.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wpy2080

I posted this in the HMMWV forum and i'm still working through some of the recommendations but looking for a backup if i cant fix it.

1994 M998, 6.2. Last spring had Stanadyne IP rebuilt by factory dealer. After new IP, ran great all last summer. This spring, ran no issues for a month or so until today. Driving for about 5 minutes and it completely shut off. Pulled over, started again with heavy white smoke, ran for 2 minutes and it died again. Towed it home and let it sit. Put in new fuel filter and bled with bleeder screw. cranked for a few minutes and it started, ran for 5 minutes at idle and then died again. Cranked with incoming fuel line off (To the filter) and getting strong fuel flow to the fuel filter and from the fuel filter. I connected a clear hose to the IP fuel return line and cranked. THe IP return line had a lot of bubbles and air and once the fuel reached the front (drain) side of the IP return line, the HMMWV started again for about 5 minutes and then died. Next i cracked a few Injectors and cranked and no fuel to the injectors... aua I'm all ears... .

Forum research has lift pump as a potential issue, maybe a bad IP, could GPC be an issue, better air bleed? I have the yellow banded KDS with black control box that has bright green KDS label (Seeminly common combo)... [Located near Traverse City, Michigan]

Fitter636

Hey all, new to the site and the M.V. side of the car culture. Just moved to Richmond Township, just outside of Memphis. Unfortunately until I get the brakes on my 72 d200 straightened out, ahe stays in Sterling Hgts. Anyone in the metro Detroit area good with Drum Brakes??

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks