• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Paint Codes M925

Artisan

Being a nood blows! But when I get well versed watch out! :D I will help the noobs gladly.

So many questions, so little time to do a search, then read thouands of posts trying to find what I seek. I do try, every time too!

Todays Q is;

Does anyone have a link to paint and paint codes and where to buy matching paint and maybe even in rattle cans?

I have no MV yet, perhaps in a couple of hours I will, I dunno, the bidding is going up Up UP!!!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you want real CARC or something else, like Behr house paint or Rapco enamel? Tan, green, camo? We need more info.

Also we have covered this sooooo many times. So now we will have 1001 posts too read.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you want correct color (non CARC) rattle cans call Rapco parts in TX.

Artisan

I did a search, any links Warthog? If I win one of the M925's in WA today it is those colors.
I would call it flat black, rust and a lighter shade of green so indeed camo. Ummm CARC stands for? As far as all the flavors I would like to learn them all i fthere is a good thread I can't find.

PS I HATE to ask q's on subjects that are old but I am a Brand Noobie and I did not see a noob corral here on SS. Additionally, over on the tractor forum I was HUMBLED huge w/ being made member of the month this month...

So I do try to search and be good, I promise! aua

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it's green it's 383 green.
If it's 3 color, it's 383 green and 383 brown and flat black.
If it's desert, it's 686 tan.

Those are the Rapco colors. Real CARC will go by NSN's. All I ever use is Rapco.

emr

Arvoe is the closest match I have found for my taste, Allen the paint guy in NJ, is in the MV mag, and has great service . the arvoe i used on my M925 when parked in the pen at the Armory you just cant tell the paint from the in service trucks appart.

Artisan

I had written Rapco and I received a reply,
for future reference here is what April at Rapco sent me;

34094- "383" Green - CARC substitute
30051- "383" Brown - CARC substitute
911 - Flat Black

I really appreciate the input...Thank you.

commandojeff

If you are just looking for some touch up paint. I have found that Rustoleum and Krylon camo colors match pretty well. Again, this is just for some spots you need to hit if you don't feel like ordering paint online.

Jeff

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use Home Depot Behr Ultra Flat. Ask for "Federal Standard" colors.

Here are a few common (top three most used);

Flat black fs 37030
Green 383 34094
Brown 383 30051

Earth red 31090
Light green 34098
Olive drab 34088
Forest green 34086
Dark green 34082

Sand 33303
Dark sandstone 33510
Earth yellow 33245

edit
add White Semi-gloss 27875 for inside of electrical shelter and light green semi gloss 24533 for walls and floor.

I highly recommend their $3 sample and a fine brush to compare.

Last edited:

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are just looking for some touch up paint. I have found that Rustoleum and Krylon camo colors match pretty well. Again, this is just for some spots you need to hit if you don't feel like ordering paint online.

Jeff
I've used both and neither of them matched...the green seems to be olive drab and not green 383. I don't think OD is on any of the more modern vehicles..but could be mistaken.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks