• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Elephant Butte Luminaria Tour

Dukeman

The Chamber of Commerce at Elephant Butte has invited us MV Owners to participate in the Annual Luminaria Tour December 8th. They have booted out the RV'ers and are giving us the lower parking lot to gather our trucks. We will have access to a fire pit for a big bon fire. Bring firewood, generators, lots of lights to decorate your truck. We would like to coordinate some refreshments for people who stop by our location and gather donations for the Make a Wish foundation. We will need to have our vehicles in the lower parking lot at the main marina by 4:30 PM, decorated and ready to light the night. I will need the names of participants to give to the Park Service for free entry. This is a fun event with lots of great food and fun people. Contact me at rick@aspenprintingnm.com or 505-270-4679 for more info or to put your name on the participant list. Hope to see you there!

Attachments

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My brother and I will be there in the duece, and I think our friend and his wife will bring our five ton. Do we need to light up both trucks? If we need to bring anything let us know.

Dukeman

Glad to hear it, I can give you back your cooler. Look forward to seeing you guys again. Its very informal, you can light one truck, both trucks, what ever you want. Most of the participants do like a big pot of stew or some other type of chow. I think we are looking at a dessert type thing. Cookies, cakes, milk. What ever you would like to provide would be great. OR if you have other ideas and you want to do something different its all open, just looking to have fun.

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds good, we will try and light up both trucks. Not sure food wise what we will bring but can I gaurantee a full cooler will be coming with us.

Dukeman

I think the response from the RV'ers has declined over the past few years. Last year they only had 3, so I don't know where they are booting them.

Dukeman

Nope, but I need a list of names to the Chamber of Commerce early next week. you and Powell are in for sure right? Mark and I will be there with our wives and several other friends coming down, we will have the deuce and the 5 ton. I think Dennis said he was coming for sure, so if that's it that's cool, but the more the better.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, I am planning on being there. I may have some other people with me as well, but only one MV. You don't need all their names for that do you?

Dukeman

You know I'm not real sure. This is the first time doing this and I am under the impression the Chamber of Commerce is almost as unorganized as I am. If you can get me names that's probably better, but I don't think its a big deal. As long as I have your name so you can get your truck down to the marina.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Me (Vick) and my wife Alicia, plus Dan and Sylvia Torres and family.

I will PM you more names if I get any more. You know, it seems to me there is no real need to boot the RV'ers, especially if the MV count may be on the low side. That may be worth mentioning to the Chamber of Commerce, if you think it appropriate. I know those folks in the RV's have always been very good to me in previous years.

Dukeman

Our group here in Albuquerque is gathering sweets, cookies, brownies, etc. for the visitors. All donations we can raise will go to Make a Wish. Anything you all can do to help would be great. Hot chocolate would be awesome. Light up the MV's! Its gonna be fun.

Dukeman

So far it looks like we have five MV's- Rick and Deb DeLuca, Deuce Mark and Liz Ardisana- 5 ton, Powell and Ferell Searles- deuce, Rich and Mar Reyes- 5 ton, Vick and Alicia with friends Dan and Sylvia Torres- deuce. So hey that's great! We will have a blast. We should meet up at the Butte Inn at maybe 4:00 and head down to our assigned spot by 4:30. We are spot number 1. If I find out any more information I will pass it along here. This is our first time doing this so we will wing it and do the best we can. If you have any questions let me know.

Rick

Attachments

Dukeman

So far it looks like we have five MV's- Rick and Deb DeLuca, Deuce Mark and Liz Ardisana- 5 ton, Powell and Ferell Searles- deuce, Rich and Mar Reyes- 5 ton, Vick and Alicia with friends Dan and Sylvia Torres- deuce. So hey that's great! We will have a blast. We should meet up at the Butte Inn at maybe 4:00 and head down to our assigned spot by 4:30. We are spot number 1. If I find out any more information I will pass it along here. This is our first time doing this so we will wing it and do the best we can. If you have any questions let me know.

Rick

oops double post

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks