• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Diamond T M20 Prime Mover

Dirt71

Had the opportunity to buy this Diamond T from the Kevin Kronlund Collection. I spent a week at Kevin's place about 3yrs ago, a time I will never forget. He treated me as if he had known me for year's. We went out to what he called the shed which was a 90x190 building on his property which housed the bulk of his collection. I climbed up into this very truck and as I looked out across the very long hood Kevin told me the story where it came from. He found a warehouse in Norway full of these Diamond T's closed cab and open cab which were put in storage shortly after the war. He pulled one of each out and brought them back to the state's. So when here resently I had the chance to buy the truck I quickly sold the Cuda I had and made a deal with Thea. I could go on for another 500 word's on how much I enjoyed the time I spent at Kevin's, it's an honor to own a piece of of his collection as well as to have heard it's history right out of Kevin's mouth. Ray Patton will be transporting it for me in a couple of week's.

Attachments

captain-crank

Congrats, that's a nice truck. Been in it myself.
Funny, I sold a '70 Challenger to get an Army Cars M1A1 WLF wrecker back in '06.
Kevin helped me ship it over from Amsterdam.
Those were some really good times at his place.
I miss him a lot.
Ray is a hoot. Say hi from the Minnesota long-hair.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is an impressive vehicle! Did you get the trailer also? I don't know Kevin Kronlund, but from the pictures and your description, he must be a "step above". Congrats on you purchase, hope you have many enjoyable adventures with the old girl!
God bless,
Tony:D

saddamsnightmare

November 10th, 2012.

I can't say I envy many people on here or anywhere else, but that is one impressive machine. Recurring question, did the trailer come with it in your deal? The few WWII vets left will probably come outta the woodwork now when you run that beast....

Good luck on your new machine!:D

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That truck is definitely you, Dirt!

Then again, it's not really your type of truck. It's too nice to do a bolt-by-bolt teardown and rebuild of it!

Kalashnikov

Mind taking anymore pics? My grandfather was a driver back in the day. He's aways telling us good stories and I've been trying to find some good pics for a while. Definitely a cool truck and certainly in nice shape!

Dirt71

That truck is definitely you, Dirt!

Then again, it's not really your type of truck. It's too nice to do a bolt-by-bolt teardown and rebuild of it!

Yeh right Dawg! The most I see myself doing is minor touch up paint, I've never even seen under the hood so might do a little detail there. Most certainly will not deface the truck in any way other than how Kevin had it. I will be shopping for new 1200x20 NDT's when I can afford them. I thouht the 10 ton's were fast, I'm looking forward to the blistering top speed of 23 mph with this truck.

nattieleather

Nice Truck! I like the look of the Diamond Ts that long nose on them. The "cargo box" on the back. Is that a cargo box or is a ballest weight? I am asking because I don't know.

Good luck with your new purchase and take a lot more pictures of it when you get home.

LOL 23 mph.... :D

Wrecker king

Dirt;

Ray dropped my M1A1 off on this past thursday and said he was bringing the truck to you next week. I drove that truck many times, even my son drove it this past April, not many 14 year olds have done that. Thats me behind the wheel in your first pic, taken at the last fall party. I can tell you that the original fuel filters are gone, the original starting switch was replaced with a push button and the fuel shutoff solenoid does not work, you have to stall it out in gear to shut in off. All of tires should be good, we fixed the flat on the front drive inner dual with a new tube last September, all the other tires hold air. That truck is a torque monster, enjoy going 23 mph flat out.

John G

Dirt71

Nice Truck! I like the look of the Diamond Ts that long nose on them. The "cargo box" on the back. Is that a cargo box or is a ballest weight? I am asking because I don't know.

Good luck with your new purchase and take a lot more pictures of it when you get home.

LOL 23 mph.... :D

I've heard of the box being referred to as a ballest box.

CatMan

I'm glad to see these trucks going to good homes. Kevin would have liked that. We sure miss him.

We have a CCKW Dump Truck that came from Kevin and Thea's.

Here is a better picture of the complete rig. That's the Wrecker King at the helm with the trailer and the CAT D-7 in tow. That is my dream rig.

Cat Man

Attachments

Wrecker king

Catman;

Thanks for posting that picture.I remember driving and thinking, this truck does not even feel this load. Because of Kevin, I got to check a few items off my bucket list. Not a day goes by that I do not think of him.
Also, thanks again for the hands on lesson on how to operate the D7!!

John

jeeplvr247

I love those old Diamonds. They are some of the best looking MVs and they were made in Lansing, MI. The best cars have always been made in the smitten mitten.

Jeff Lakaszcyck

Actually, during the War Diamond T's were built in Chicago and Reo trucks were built in Lansing. In the late '50's White Trucks bought both Diamond T and Reo, and moved DT production to Lansing in 1960. In 1967 White merged Diamond T and Reo to form Diamond Reo. So now you can be proud of two very famous trucks from Lansing.

That 981 is awesome. Congratulations.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks