• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New here, I hope I got the 'right' truck: M932A2

So I finally bit the bullet/won an auction on GL.com. Ended up getting myself an M923A2 in DE. I went with the auto trans because I'm a below the knee, left leg amputee and figured an auto would be one less thing for me to worry about on the road trips. Hopefully I got the "right" vehicle for my wants.
If anyone has any tips or things to look for when I finally take delivery I'd appreciate it.
Thanks guys/gals!

ntxcop

Welcome and Congrats!

I joined the website about 4 months ago, and like you, won an M923 in an auction from GL.

I joined a military vehicle collectors club here in the Fort Worth area. I'm sure there are similar clubs within close proximity to your house. I would suggest joining one. SteelSoldiers (SS) along with the local club members are both invaluable. Club members assisted me when I purchased my truck by helping me in the recovery and pulled my 5-Ton to my house after the auction. They are always willing to give hands on assistance. And if you have ANY questions about your truck, someone else has already had that question, and its been answered here on SS. The members of the SS website are amazing and are very helpful.

In my opinion, any truck in the 5-Ton series would be good for you. They all have automatic transmissions and power steering. Because of their weight, you probably will need a higher rated driver's license than the standard driver's license. It's good to check with your state.

Heaven help you, you've been infected by the green disease! :cookoo: Good Luck!

Keith

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome :beer:

I don't have an auto transmission yet, but I love the power steering in the 5-tons. I hate to :deadhorse:, but a CDL is state-dependent so check with NJ regs to see if you need one.

Thanks for the welcome folks. I have been looking into the local idea and have already been giving phone numbers of people that are willing to help and share their knowledge.
This power steering and auto trans is such a delight. My buddy who owns an excavating company and drives large vehicles quite often was very shocked how well the truck handled.
Can't wait ta get it dirty lol

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on the 5 ton they are very nice trucks to drive, quiet and pretty darned smooth. Fuel mileage? Dont worry about it, is what it is. When you get to doing your recovery depending on if your going to drive it home or haul it your going to want to check all the fluids and that includes lubricants, Trans case, tranny, engine and differentials, keep in mind there is a very good chance your going to need batteries, check coolant level etc. get the truck started and let it run for a while to build up air pressure and test BRAKES before you hit the road. Just remember the basics and assume NOTHING! your going to love the truck its a very sweet ride! I drove mine 600 miles home in 1 day after I picked it up at Riley not a problem! Good luck and enjoy!
KK

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks