• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed Deuce M105 Trailer Springs Hanger Measurement Placement

MilSpec78

Hi guys,

I am currently in the process of bobbing my m35a2. I have m105 trailer springs and I understand the hangers should be mounted the same distance as they were on the trailer. Unfortunately for me, I misplaced the measurements I took when I removed the springs from the trailer.

I believe the shackle should be 90 degrees to the spring eyelits when the springs have the full weight of the truck on them. I do not know their spring rate so this is impossible for me to calculate. Unsprung, I calculate the hanger eyelits should be 47.125" apart but I recall the measurement I took was 48" or 48.5".

Can someone tell me this measurement or take a tape measure to their truck? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

3dAngus

DSCN5265.JPG
Hi guys,

I am currently in the process of bobbing my m35a2. I have m105 trailer springs and I understand the hangers should be mounted the same distance as they were on the trailer. Unfortunately for me, I misplaced the measurements I took when I removed the springs from the trailer.

I believe the shackle should be 90 degrees to the spring eyelits when the springs have the full weight of the truck on them. I do not know their spring rate so this is impossible for me to calculate. Unsprung, I calculate the hanger eyelits should be 47.125" apart but I recall the measurement I took was 48" or 48.5".

Can someone tell me this measurement or take a tape measure to their truck? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
I have 47".

"Battery exhausted." I meant to take pictures of the tape measure in action but have the camera on the charger now.

Your first number appears to be correct. The secondary numbers are closer to the numbers of the front eyelit to the rear eyelit on the spring, not the hangar, when slightly compressed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks