• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

700r4 governor issue

cliffyp

Just before the thanksgiving holiday, on my way home from work, I was cruising my 1028 around 70 mph. All of sudden my transmission vanished. No thunk or thud or shudder, rpm's just shot up. I coasted to the side of the road where I determined that I still had 1st and reverse, just couldn't get an up shift.

I popped the hood and checked the TV cable but it felt normal. I plunged it in and out a few times to make sure it wasn't stuck. Tried driving again and still no up shift. My wife came out and towed me home (I know, the shame, my wife!).

Well I finally got a chance to look at it today. Double checked that the TV cable was still hooked up, which it was. I popped the cover off the governor and this is what I found.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353778655.897896.jpg

With a little pressure I can pop it back together.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353778709.836530.jpg

The problem is that it doesn't take much for it to come apart again. I took a look at the old gasser governor that came out when I rebuilt the trans. There doesn't appear to be anything that retains the two pieces together, just pressed in. The old one is very rigid though and doesn't pull apart. This is the one that I have.
http://www.ctpowertrain.com/servlet/the-227/700R4-4L60-NEW-DIESEL/Detail

Did I just get a cheap junk Chinese part? Any recommendation on brand or location to get a new governor? The one that broke has only been in about a month or so, used as a DD and never loaded. I don't want to replace it with another crap part.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks