• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just a question - why is editing allowed in some forums, but not others?

MarcusOReallyus

I haven't taken the time to see which is what, but I've noticed that I can sometimes edit my post (within some time limit), but other times I have no option to edit a post.

Why the inconsistency?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I haven't taken the time to see which is what, but I've noticed that I can sometimes edit my post (within some time limit), but other times I have no option to edit a post.

Why the inconsistency?
There is a time limit on editing, that's a global setting. Other forums have no ability to edit after a few bad eggs decided to spoil it for everyone.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
There is a time limit on editing, that's a global setting. Other forums have no ability to edit after a few bad eggs decided to spoil it for everyone.
What about the classifieds, can members edit and or delete there ads, like when something is sold or want to lower price in the first post.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It still hasn't changed for the classifieds. Unless it needs to be locked down, but I see that area's needs of editing capabilities always outweighing the troublemakers.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The reason I asked is that I have had TWO members that said they could not delete, HUM, thank you

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The reason I asked is that I have had TWO members that said they could not delete, HUM, thank you
I was one of them. There was no "edit" button or "administration" button or anything available in the first post. I've got active adds right now that I can't delete. The items are still for sale so I don't want them deleted but I've looked to see if I could and I can't.

The adds I've placed since the site change over I can edit or delete but I can't on the adds that came over from the old site. If somebody tells me how to make a screenshot I'll prove it.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Patracy, those boxes you have highlighted aren't available in my adds that were brought over from the old site.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I know why that one is an issue, it's outside the 90 day window for edits/deletes by users. It should have dropped off with the prune. But since it kept getting bumped, that's what has kept it lingering.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there a way to extend the 90 window for the classifieds only? The springs are still for sale so I don't want the add deleted but if they do sell I'll have to get Ron to delete it for me. It really makes me no difference but the rules state that the add needs to be deleted as soon as the item sells and Ron is pretty firm about it also.

If there is nothing you can do I'm sure we can just work around it, it's just more work for Ron.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That's a global setting. It's in talks right now, but we're probably going to move the ad expire date from 90 days to 60 days.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Thought the auto delete date started from the LAST ACTIVITY, NOT FROM THE AD POST DATE

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So far I've only ran into this with the 3-month window and the Conversations forum. Any thought yet on reversing the Conversations forum so it can be edited?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks