• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just a question - why is editing allowed in some forums, but not others?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
So far I've only ran into this with the 3-month window and the Conversations forum. Any thought yet on reversing the Conversations forum so it can be edited?
Given the fact it's happened a few times now, no, we'll keep it how it is. If anything it might grow to all the forums. I'm not saying/doing this to spite anyone. Just trying to preserve info here and reduce the moderating staffs workload if someone goes off the deep end again. You can however hit the report button below the post if you cannot edit it. (it's the triangle shaped ! mark symbol below your post next to the Thanks button) Just copy whatever the text was, add a little verbiage such as "Please correct this post:" then paste it into the box with the edits you wish made. The staff can take care of it then.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just _hate_ bothering staff (unless it's a legitimate thread move or post delete needed). No matter how many times I proof read something I can come back to it later and find words I left out and other horrible grammar that makes me wonder how anyone understood what I was trying to say/ask!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks