• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to me USMC M1030 KLR 250

AMGeneral

Well folks,I came home this evening with a 1986 M1030 USMC KLR 250 motorcycle,Chief_919 and I did a little trading.

No pics today,too dark outside,but I should get time to wheel it outside tomorrow and snap a few pictures.

AMGeneral

Well,I spent this afternoon working on the KLR,got everything back up to specs(brakes,lights,tire pressures,front fork pressures,etc) got it cranked and rode it around the yard a little while,here's a few pictures.

Attachments

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Nice looking ride. What year is it, has the big block black out lights? I was a day late and a dollar short on that one. Still looking for a 250 M1030.

AMGeneral

Further update,

I cleaned the spare carb up and cleared out all the jets,installed it on the bike and it runs like a champ,starts easily,idles smoothly,and accelerates as it should,I have the primary carb off for a complete rebuild and hopefully I can swap it back on this weekend.

I may make a short video of it running Sat afternoon and post it up.

AMGeneral

Well folks,I figured I would post a few pictures of the finished KLR,I used civilian "bark busters" vs the military "buffalo" handguards,since I had no luck finding a set.

Complete service,adjusted everything,rebuilt the carb,replaced a few electrical items/bolts ETC,new battery and flushed the front brakes.

It cranks on the second kick every time and runs good for a 250.

Attachments

Last edited:

greasemonkey94

i got a 1991 klr-d8 desert storm vet. a few months back got it running needed hardly anything pilot jet was a bit clogged up and it needed turnsignals and side plastics becuse they were both deteriorated just finished painting it a coulple days back runs perfect had a punctured radiator so it only has 154 miles on it i took another one off my parts bike (another 1991 m1030) and runs perfect now no scratches or anything i couldnt ask for a better running machine however i do have a voltage drop in the system im only getting about 3 volts to charge the battery when its running and i was wondering does anybody have a wiring diagram for these machines?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks