• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4bt in 1009

southdave

I ran the big turbo for a bit on my 4Bt . Ended up with a 30 series turbo . HX35 took to long to spool up and didn't seem to make anymore power on the top end than the 30 is now . Look at 4bt stuff on Flee Bay there are a lot of parts and complete motors for sale in Cleves , Oh. I have purchased stuff from this guy . He was great to me, cheap prices .I bought many parts for my conversion from him . I am thinking 80 bucks for a turbo. QUOTE=POWERSTROKEN;1597392]Got a line on any other turbos ?
[/QUOTE]
Dave, Heard that and it is smokey as **** til it lights off....I have this VE pump teaked all to heck and back, some gave me a set of POD injectors, my thoughts where bigger turbo cause it betterLOL.. I have read the hx35 egt are alot lower than hy35 and he30. the H1C that came with motor, and had family of chipmonks living in the intake, isn't getting it, however my timing is stock as of now and running a med. like 40hp fuel pin to support the injectors. I need to get back to 4bt, been sideline with 24valve rebuild last couple of weekends and running around with Gimpy, but off this week if rain hold off may I can get back to it.

Last edited:

deathrowdave

4BT Turbo

I can't remember what turbo I have . It has only Cummins reman numbers on it . It was off a 12 valve . Early 6BT, I am thinking a 1992 . It works great . I changed fuel pin , turned up star wheel and and did not turn up the full fuel screw . No injector mods at all . I am getting 26 MPG with no OD trans . 3.54 axle ratios . Early 6bt turbos easy to find . QUOTE=southdave;1598391]I have acouple of hy35 I need **\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252{\fonttbl}
**\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;}
}one for the 1028. I have crap load of the GM 1-5 turbos..[/QUOTE]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks