• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vehicle recognition

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They LOOK like HEMTT's but arent... The first one is missing the 2nd steering axle and has a funky bed..... the 2nd has some funky bed with sideboards on it.. No "in use" HEMTT is like those.. Early prototypes perhaps???

CharlesKing

Thanks. I figured out already the parts that were missing but I have never seen these vehicles in use. Then again, I'm not in the army... I just would like to know if anybody has seen them or know the name of them. I'm trying to get more pics of them. So if anybody knows the status of these vehicles please let me know.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That second one looks like the one that David Doyle just sold. I may be wrong, but I remember it from the armyjeeps.net website.

M1075

maddawg308 said:
That second one looks like the one that David Doyle just sold. I may be wrong, but I remember it from the armyjeeps.net website.
:ditto:

I think that is just a 5 ton xlwb bed on the second one. I like the first one, in 6x6 configuration. Jones will have a "new" 4x4 version out soon!

CharlesKing

Any pics of it I will appreciate very much. :) I'm thinking of modelling the first one but I just need to know what it looks like on the opposite side and in the bed. Basically an all-round set pics of it. If anybody know or find any more info I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The second one is a HEMMTT tanker with a modified cargo bed fitted to it.

Chuck H

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't have a clue about the first picture. Looks like a very well made homemade vehicle of a standard 5ton with some HEMMTT parts.

For the first one, with the test weight of 2500 being manipulated by the MHE (Material Handling Equipment), I'd almost GUESS this is OSHKOSH's entry into the FMTV competition. This was about 1990. We had a bunch of Teledyne=Continental's entries (the losers) at the DNR lot in Gaylord in the mid-909s. Would have been interesting to see the commonality of parts if OSHKOSH had really entered and gotten the 2 1/2 ton and 5 ton contracts.

acetomatoco

I am assuming in the above post the name was supposed to be David Uhrig and not David Doyle as Dave U is the master of armyjeeps.net ACE

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks