• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first heavy truck xm215

USMC 00-08

I have not ordered any yet but was going to look at either Weebee Webbing or New Life Canvas.

The Early Deuce part of this forum doesn't seem to be as active as it was in the past does it? Not sure where everyone has gone.

tburk49760

I've been away for a while. Life gets busy. Two jobs, building an empire and playing just a little... Still haven't painted Olga but she does work regularly. Then I got distracted by two other treasures. Made a deal on a 1975 ish FT750W deuce based fire truck. I should be road tripping to get her in a few days. Also made a deal on a 1995 LMTV. Waiting on a buyer for my '05 dodge diesel truck to finance that deal. Rest assured that my beloved XM215 is a permanent part of the family. Pictures when the dust settles.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a beauty. Is that box all aluminum? You even got to do a night time recovery. That will be very handy around the yard, good buy.

tburk49760

Fantastic videos on the two stroke motor, and great job you are doing restoring it. I like your M45 fire truck, looks like I "imagined" and manufactured my battery/tool box about right!.
Thanks for the kind words. Yours is much further along in the process. Someday... My turret nozzle is AWOL as well as the foam tank and setup. cant find the primer tank either. More pics of yours would help me know what to look for.

tburk49760

That's a beauty. Is that box all aluminum? You even got to do a night time recovery. That will be very handy around the yard, good buy.
The box is mostly steel, some aluminum. I got it for a few reasons, I could, I'm scared of woodland fire on my remote property and it's weird/rare... I like that... Can't pass it up when it comes my way. I have a problem...

tburk49760

It's been a while since my last post. Somewhat distracted with other military vehicles and building my off grid tiny home. Started Olga the other day when it was 10 degrees and was pleased to listen to that Detroit diesel sing the song of her people! Still haven't found time to paint her. She has hauled a lot more gravel and I did buy mrap wheels to adapt to her. I'm hoping the used 395 Goodyears will fit. I love this truck.

tburk49760

Checking in again. Finally mostly finished the tiny off grid house and am mostly moved in! Still moving the shop stuff from the old house. Been daily driving the lmtv and tire wear is silly as is 10 mpg! 60 miles from the old to the new! Olga is ready to make the 60 mile trip but with no heater... may flat tow or trailer her. Thoughts?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks