• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Modeler's Forum

Seeing the quality of Charles King's work, and knowing that several of us have "dabbled" in scale models for a while, how about a MODELER"S FORUM?

I have done a lot of models in 1/35 scale, though I do not claim to be of the detail and quality that Charles has shown. It allows me to have a wide variety of vehicle types and sizes without worrying about maintenance, parts, zoning and nosy neighbors, etc.

Here are a couple of my favorite pieces:

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Modeler

Brian, those look great. I did alot of WWII planes/trucks and ships when I was a youngster. I remember blowing them up with firecrackers :twisted: . I got into 1/25 scale trucks. My g-ma still has them.

Thanks, Will. Mine never got blown up because we weren't allowed to play with firecrackers! I still have some of the ones I built when I was 10. We won't talk about how long ago that was, but I will admit I bought them at the "five and dime". In fact, the half-track in the basement of the barn above is one of those models-dropped, broken, repaired, but still usable.

I got the display counter with the intent of putting it in a Museum Display Trailer, then decided I couldn't afford the rest of the modifications and sold the trailer. Put it up in the garage to get all the old models out of storage boxes.

Are your base models styrene or resin? I'm working on a styrene model now with photo-etched parts for the first time. I've got a resin M706 Commando Armored car I've been nervous to start.

CharlesKing

I'll post some links to some of the best water dios I have ever seen. It's so real that you can actually feel the splash on your face.

joec

RE: A couple loose ones

this would be a good addition i like modeler's forum. Great for the kids...big and small...!!!

Adamlee

modeler's forum a great idea

+1 for a modeler's forum...

I just got back into my old hobby as well, I'm in the process of a Dragon 1/35 Tiger II. While on winter break (I'm an elementary teacher) I dug up a box of models from the attic that I've never done; lots of good stuff I plan on taking time to finish.

A modelers forum would be pretty cool - looks like we've got some real talent out there in the SteelSoldiers motor pool!

Attachments

Stan

RE: modeler

Can't do models brings back bad bad memories. When I was much younger and used to build models and aggravate my little sister she would break them to get even. So now I just push her buttons when given a chance. The models above look great though.

Stan, maybe now's your chance to get some done without her around to destroy all your work.

I know when everyone was showing pictures of their "work spaces" and computer desks there were a few who had models in the stash.

We could even include other toys, like the "Transformers" from the movie!!!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial

I like them all and would love to build some too perhaps after retirement. I usually took them out side as a kid and shot them with a BB gun or 22 and use gasoline to simulate the napalm that was on TV everyday from the Viet Nam war coverage in the 60's. My Son built some incredible ones as a youngster and they got ravaged by his younger siblings. I do have a large collection of kits waiting for calmer times sitting in a drawer in the basement that should be getting built in the near future.

The one with the US M1 unit rolling up on an Iraqi tank is great but most of the ones we pulled up to after we shot them had the turret blown off and were smoking hulks.

Is the request for a Military Vehicle Model forum dead or still pending?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks