• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Modeler's Forum

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: modeler

Joe:
I am doing great my wife and youngest daughter are here with me for a few weeks and I am anxiously awaiting the results of the Colonel promotion board. That will have a great deal to do with my retirement date and whether I continue on active duty or pop smoke and get to work on the real trucks and the models. We will see if Chris and Kenny agree to it would you agree to be a Moderator for it?

67Beast

Re: RE: modeler

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
The one with the US M1 unit rolling up on an Iraqi tank is great but most of the ones we pulled up to after we shot them had the turret blown off and were smoking hulks.
Thanks David, My theroy was that it was abandoned, that and I did not want to have to scratch build the interior to show the top popped.

I have been working on a few rotory wings lately.

I would be interested in helping mod the modeler's forum if help is needed.

Attachments

Adamlee

modeler's forum

My Dragon 1/35 Tiger II is rolling along....I'm scratchbuilding details and adding extra parts right now.

I think the Dragon kits rival, and in some ways, are a little nicer than some of the Tamiya's I've done.

I notice less "flash" on the sprue and parts than some Tamiya kits. Of course, the kits I'm talking about were from the 80's and 90's for the most part (Tamiya) but these Dragon kits I'm working with right now are impressive.

No pics, no camera at the moment.

+1 (again!) for a modeler's forum!!

wdbtchr

RE: modeler

Some really great models and diaramas. After I "grew" out of my modeling phase, I got into HO trains. Took that apart and stored it after we had kids. Now they're grown if not out I may dig through some stuff. There's a packing crate in my Dad's barn loft with all my models from when I was a kid. Inside there are two Renwal 5 ton trucks, a Lacrosse missle launcher and a wrecker crane. Strangely enough they're only a few feet from where my M51A2 is parked.

joec

Re: RE: modeler

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
Joe:
I am doing great my wife and youngest daughter are here with me for a few weeks and I am anxiously awaiting the results of the Colonel promotion board. That will have a great deal to do with my retirement date and whether I continue on active duty or pop smoke and get to work on the real trucks and the models. We will see if Chris and Kenny agree to it would you agree to be a Moderator for it?
Yes would love to.

Then i want to have you up here for a nice cruise through the pines..Good Luck with the promotional board. You will get it. I'm sure of it.

However or where ever i'm needed would be honored to help to the best of my abillaty.

Model of M35 "Deuce" 1/72nd scale available from hobby shops on internet. Around $15.00 and made by Academy form S.Korea. Stock # is 13410. Hope this helps everyone as 1/35 scale of a reular deuce are practically non existent except for guntrucks. I have nothing against guntrucks.

Last edited:
Model of M35 "Deuce" 1/72nd scale available from hobby shops on internet. Around $15.00 and made by Academy form S.Korea. Stock # is 13410. Hope this helps everyone as 1/35 scale of a reular deuce are practically non existent except for guntrucks. I have nothing against guntrucks.

AFV club produced a M35a2 It's currently OOP they also do (did) the tanker version and "Nancy" the M35a1 Guntruck. Hopefully they'll be doing another production run before long.

WarrenD

If you keep looking at EBay long enough, you'll find one of the AFV kits for under the retail price. I bought 2 from EBay under $40, one under $30, so with patience and luck it can be done. Look for ones with beat up boxes, the collectors don't want them but if you are going to built it, who cares?
I've heard that AFV club will likely do another run of the M35A2, but haven't heard when. When/if that does happen, it'll likely be priced in the $40's.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks